List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not looking likely now. Although there was an article in the Herald Sun which mentioned Carlisle was unwilling to play for us. I don't know where they got that info from.

But if the Hun is drawing that from the statement that came out of the saints yesterday, then we would still be in with a chance. That statement from the saints was very desperate.

Now the saints have put pick 5 on the table, the rest of the deal just needs minor tweaking and he'll be off to the saints.

So do we need another key defender and if so, who? We have Spangher and upgraded Heatherley - will we go with them to play CHB or look to get someone else eg: Michael talia

What leaves me scratching my head in all this...no disrespect to St Kilda. As they are an emerging club...is if the reigning Premiers came knocking on my door..I would jump at the chance and say..do the deal for 15 and 18. It must be money or..he likes their coach that much that he want to be coached by him..or he fears of playing amongst a raft of proven players at Hawthorn.

Wouldn't you want to learn from the best??

How can Carlisle potentially prefer the Pre-Season Draft over going to the REIGNING THREE-PEAT PREMIERS?

"Trophies? Glory? Winning? What are these things?"

The guy has serious rocks in his head. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Pretty much

The peptides have ruined his brain.

Either that or he got so used to losing, he's afraid of being part of a winning culture.

Last edited:

What leaves me scratching my head in all this...no disrespect to St Kilda. As they are an emerging club...is if the reigning Premiers came knocking on my door..I would jump at the chance and say..do the deal for 15 and 18. It must be money or..he likes their coach that much that he want to be coached by him..or he fears of playing amongst a raft of proven players at Hawthorn.

Wouldn't you want to learn from the best??

It's clearly money. It's exactly the same as the Judd deal to Carlton. He says he wanted to be part of something from the ground up but clear as mud they had the best deal. If your a good player in a young side, you're going to get paid over and above your worth. Good player in the best side and you're taking unders.

Afl.com.au's phantom draft has this guy at 18. Jade Gresham.

"The opening night of the combine saw the prospects' skills put under the microscope, with the goalkicking, kicking and clean hands tests taking place. The quick and polished Gresham stamped his class on all three, being a joint winner of the goalkicking and being not too far behind in the other two events. It summed him up as a player: the small midfielder is great with the ball in his hands, and barely wastes a disposal. Gresham also backed up his work with the ball with a level 14.1 run in the beep test and ran three seconds flat for the 20-metre sprint."

Forget Essenscum druggies, this guy will do me. Mitch 2.0

This is the way I see it.
It is all negotiation tactics.
Carlisle had his heart set on going to St Kilda. He worked with coach Richardson at Essendon. He knows people at St Kilda. St Kilda has Calisle in their pocket and this gives them a stronger hand than Essendon. After all players usually go to the club they want to go to.
St Kilda take ages to make an offer to Essendon, deciding that if they leave it late in the process they can get a better deal from Essendon. St Kilda believe they are contolling the whole negotiation.

Then Hawthorn makes a move out of left field. This weakens St Kilda's position and strengthens Essendon's position.

Carlisle is told by his Manager and people at St Kilda that if he sticks to his guns and says he only wants to go to St Kilda he will end up there. This is a tactic to re-strengthen St Kilda's position in the negotiation.

Essendon says that Hawthorn is the only team that has tabled an offer for Carlisle. This forces St Kilda to make their offer earlier than they'd like. It is nowhere near what Essendon wants but St Kilda still think they have the whip hand. Carlisle is even coached to say that he'd rather go into the PSD to get to St Kilda. This is all negotiating tactics by St Kilda to force the hand of Essendon.

Essendon is furious and keeps saying they want a deal like Hawthorn has offered. They probably don't believe the PSD threat. They know that St Kilda can make a better offer. Essendon has to call St Kilda's bluff about going to the PSD. Essendon would love Carlton or Brisbane to come out and say they would take Carlisle if he went into the PSD. Will that happen? Probably not.
It is now back in St Kilda's court. Essendon is waiting for St Kilda to come back with a better offer. St Kilda will revert to it's tactics of leaving their next offer to as late as possible in the draft week.

Carlise must be worried. He's probably thinking "do these guys know what their doing?". I just have to trust my manager and Richardson.

He knows that going to Hawthorn would be a good thing. It's just taking him a while to get his mind around it. He has publicly said that he is happy to go to Hawthorn if the St Kilda deal falls through. He is being loyal to his original decision to choose St Kilda and St Kilda are pressuring him to stay fat.

All the while Hawthorn's tactic is to play a straight bat. They get the Anderson deal done and say they are happy with two first round picks but if Carlisle wants to come to Hawthorn they will trade them for him. Hawks have got themselves into a no lose position.

Out of the other players who will blink first? St Kilda, Essendon or Carlisle himself?

I think that the Hawks have played well to get Carlisle for what he worth & not pay overs. He would complement the defence.. No doubt about it. Picking 2 first rounders looks more & more appealing every day. There is heaps of talent there for GW to pluck a couple of rippers! Save for a big fish next year & rookie list a couple of delisted players or target potential delistings with late round trades as insurance on 2016. Passing on Jake, I believe, could turn out to be better in the long run.

I'd be happy for us to go to the draft with two first rounders to be honest. Grab some young kids, a mid and a forward would be ideal and if we do want to trade any further, try and score some future picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lake, Hale, Suckling, Anderson, Woodward and possibly Whitecross leaving via free agency, as all those players were all on our senior list, does anyone know if we have 5 live picks in this years draft?

I'm assuming it may look something like this:

Pick 15:
Pick 18:
Pick 55:
Pick 58:
Pick 76:
Pick 94: Kurt Heatherley (Rookie Promotion)

Just my thoughts but if Carlisle doesn't want to come to Hawthorn bad luck for him. There are other players in this draft that look really good Kieran Collins looks good could be a better defended then him he's a beast of a kid already. If we take him at 15 and then there will be plenty of good midfielders after that left at 18 I think we should keep our pics. But if we get Carlisle I wouldn't be unhappy he is still a proven player but I really think he has mental problems...

I have to say I am a bit disappointed with some of the arrogant St Kilda supporters in the Jake Carlisle thread. Hopefully their club isn't as arrogant as them, otherwise they'll be sitting on 1 premiership for another 50 years.

Is Daniel talia quick? Because he's a great defender... I keep thinking defenders need to be quick. Like frawley... Lake was no slouch either as he kept up with buddy many times...

Only thing that worries me about Collins. Do not was a Matthew Watson

Lake, Hale, Suckling, Anderson, Woodward and possibly Whitecross leaving via free agency, as all those players were all on our senior list, does anyone know if we have 5 live picks in this years draft?

I'm assuming it may look something like this:

Pick 15:
Pick 18:
Pick 55:
Pick 58:
Pick 76:
Pick 94: Kurt Heatherley (Rookie Promotion)

Using picks 55,58 & 76 worries me in a really shallow draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back