NFL 2015 NFL - Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Have team rosters always been 53 man? Could they change in the future?
Always 53. But on gameday, you're allowed only to activate 46 of them. So 7 of them are not eligible to play. It used to be 45 activated, but the NFL added one more in case teams needed to play a 3rd string QB due to injury.

Always 53. But on gameday, you're allowed only to activate 46 of them. So 7 of them are not eligible to play. It used to be 45 activated, but the NFL added one more in case teams needed to play a 3rd string QB due to injury.
Are there any teams that actually dress their 3rd QB tho?

Last time I saw it was when Tebow was starting and he was gonna get benched at the drop of a hat so they had Orton/Quinn on standby

Mate you don't change teams.

Shit, even the Raiders have their fans sticking around.

It was bandwagoning, they were a strong finals contender. I had barely even watched a game.

Once I started watching 16 games a week (condensed versions anyway) I realised there was so much more to love about the NFL.

It's all a matter of settling down on one of those teams I like now.

It was bandwagoning, they were a strong finals contender. I had barely even watched a game.

Once I started watching 16 games a week (condensed versions anyway) I realised there was so much more to love about the NFL.

It's all a matter of settling down on one of those teams I like now.
which teams do you actually like?

Are there any teams that actually dress their 3rd QB tho?

Last time I saw it was when Tebow was starting and he was gonna get benched at the drop of a hat so they had Orton/Quinn on standby
That's what the 46th is for -- the third QB. Or a designated third passer if they only have two QBs on roster.

Isn't it a huge cap hit though?

Nobody will give up anything good for RGMe.

It is a huge cap hit either way - but the reason I'm also really surprised they haven't cut him is probably the same reason he's the 3rd stringer... If he gets injured and misses a certain amount of time this season (I don't actually know how long), then it triggers an "option" in his contract, and they're stuck paying him $16m next year (that's the figure I've heard anyway).

Given you're 100% right in saying that no one is going to give up shit for a busted arse QB who has lost his speed, it actually makes not sense to me whatsoever that they haven't cut him yet.

But can teams use the 46th on another position? Because I'm pretty sure Denver's had their 3rd QB on the scouting team every game since PFM's been here
No. I think the 46th is for the third QB. Otherwise it's 45. Basically, they all have to activate 45, but you get an allowance to activate a third QB if you need him during the game. If you don't need him, then you sit at 45.

But Sven can confirm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a huge cap hit either way - but the reason I'm also really surprised they haven't cut him is probably the same reason he's the 3rd stringer... If he gets injured and misses a certain amount of time this season (I don't actually know how long), then it triggers an "option" in his contract, and they're stuck paying him $16m next year (that's the figure I've heard anyway).

Given you're 100% right in saying that no one is going to give up shit for a busted arse QB who has lost his speed, it actually makes not sense to me whatsoever that they haven't cut him yet.
I'm guessing he is only on the roster because Snyder is interfering.

He'll get a job as a backup and bounce around teams for the next 5 years no doubt.

Just say it...

Well this is one of the 4.

mlp_broncos_pony_by_snipernero-d5rbbwg.png

They should just give us the entire nbc broadcast including their ads. Its not like football is on during primetime anyway
besides channel 7 not getting any money from it, their are still different laws on advertising in america and australia, for example in australia it's illegal to advertise prescription medication products while in america they are advertised frequently.

besides channel 7 not getting any money from it, their are still different laws on advertising in america and australia, for example in australia it's illegal to advertise prescription medication products while in america they are advertised frequently.

Yeah all the erection pills from Jimmy Johnson, and all the beer, banks cars and fast food that isnt in australia would confuse most people, same as promos for shows on other networks.

But 7 pay the NFL for the rights not the american networks who control the ads in the broadcast. You get the ads on Gamepass other then at halftime when they have local ads in afternoon games.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2015 NFL - Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back