2015 ICC Cricket World Cup Final: New Zealand vs Australia - 29th March, 2.30pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faulkner can be a touch expensive at times, but not sure you can really ask for much more from your 4th bowler than a strike rate of a wicket every 32.8 balls.

He puts the ball up to be hit and his slow ball has a lot more bounce which makes batsmen mishit him a fair bit, but he does give the batsmen some opportunity to score.

Wa
What? What did he say?
Warne said that as Clarke is retiring he now has to pick the next guy to wear 23, as Warne picked Clarke, then he went on to say it's a great tradition in AFL of players 'annointing' the next player with their number. Warne didn't say annointing, that's my description of his sentimients.

Few early wickets and Eden Park demons might start to appear. Should be romp though. You'd be ecstatic losing the toss in a WC final and knowing you'd chase less than 200. Massive choke would be needed, otherwise it's Five (5) x World Champions.

We only need 3.68 per over, we should not play too risky, just push the ball into the gaps, MCG is damn hard to plug all the holes, damn hard to rely on blasting boundaries.

Faulkner is sometimes a bit expensive because he bowls 3 PP overs and 3 death overs nearly every innings. You can't compare those overs to middle-overs. His economy for the times in the innings he bowls is outstanding. Second only to Starc in our squad. Posters talking about 'if we picked a 4th bowler' are just clueless about the format and the players involved. I'd say simply that Faulkner IS our 4th bowler except for the fact he's most likely the third bowler picked.

We only need 3.68 per over, we should not play too risky, just push the ball into the gaps, MCG is damn hard to plug all the holes, damn hard to rely on blasting boundaries.
Classic cricket is all that is required. Push through gaps, rotate the strike. Do that at 4-5 an over, easy. But NZ won't make it easy at all

giphy_zpsyd9f3f25.gif

Keep running Southee!

Wa

Warne said that as Clarke is retiring he now has to pick the next guy to wear 23, as Warne picked Clarke, then he went on to say it's a great tradition in AFL of players 'annointing' the next player with their number. Warne didn't say annointing, that's my description of his sentimients.
I don't know about a great tradition but the better players are often consulted about who should wear their number.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expecting us to lose 1 or 2 early wickets. We should steady and do this with the loss of 3 or 4 wickets. Hopefully its not too much of a nail biter though! Cmon Aus

Who /prayingtoallah;buddah;jesus/ that Starc learns to bowl with a red ball?

I get as cranky as anyone seeing him get selected over and over in the test side and spraying it - but man you can see why they persist. Right side of 25 left armer who can swing the ball late at 150k.

After tonight completely ban him from picking up a white ball. Red ball in the nets, send him to play County in England, take him to the Windies. Force him into a test bowler pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back