2012 Player/s X v Player/s Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My big dilemma is do I want 4 Premiums in the Mids (Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Selwood) and 1 premium in the ruck (Mumford, Giles).

OR do I go with 3 Premiums(Ablett, Swan, Selwood) and 3 Rookies in the Mids and have 2 Premiums in the Ruck (Mumford, Leuenberger)

Turns out to be something like this:

Scotland, Zorko, Leuenberger VS Broughton, M.Murphy, Giles (Starting)

Why not 4 premiums in mids AND 2 premiums in ruck?

Broughton, Burgoyne, Z. Smith, J. Brown, Dangerfield

OR

Scotland, Gibbs, Leuenberger, J. Brown, Walsh (inclusion of Walsh will mean a forward line consisiting of 3 premiums, J. Brown + 3 rookies... worth it?)

what do you guys think about
Kane Lucas, fav for the rising star.
Dylan Shiel

Robbie Tarrant, bounced back from injury.
Lee Spurr.
Marty Clarke.

Shannon Hurn vs. Dyson Heppell vs. Shaun Burgoyne vs. Jed Adcock?

Personally I'd go with Heppell. We've seen what the other 3 can do. Heppell is untapped, apparently having a great preseason and Hird is looking to move him into the middle. Of course with that comes far greater opposition attention, but I believe he is the most likely of those four to get through 20-22 games, and with that should come the best overall points and average.
Personally I have gone with none of these options.

Easily first option.

Barlow v D Swallow v Sidebottom v Dangerfield.

Tough one. Barlow has the highest ceiling which is no great surprise, but it's hard to predict whether he gets remotely close to his 2010 average. The other 3 should improve on 2011 averages. I'd give the nod to Barlow for a couple of reasons. I really don't see the use of MPP in the midfield with Sidey/Danger. If you are picking these guys, then pick them as forwards. We know Barlow will more than likely outscore Swallow, and picking him limits risk when 99% of people picking a player around his price will be picking him over Swallow (maybe 66% picking Barlow over Hayes)
Having said all that, none of those 4 fit into my squad atm.

Personally I'd go with Heppell. We've seen what the other 3 can do. Heppell is untapped, apparently having a great preseason and Hird is looking to move him into the middle. Of course with that comes far greater opposition attention, but I believe he is the most likely of those four to get through 20-22 games, and with that should come the best overall points and average.
Personally I have gone with none of these options.

Easily first option.

Barlow v D Swallow v Sidebottom v Dangerfield.

Thanks for the advice fellas.

I'd pick Barlow out of the above group for now, but watch Dangerfield to see if he has improved his fitness enough and if he has then he good be a good unique pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back