2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it appears that will be the case. I did some "googling" and Detroit appears to be the consensus choice. Chicago I guess would be the logical opponent but with both team competing in the 2009 Classic the NHL would probably like to change it up a little.St Louis would be the next logical choice being that they are in the Western Conference and also Division rivals. But if Detroit move into the Eastern Conference as is proposed for next season who knows who the opponents would be? Maybe Boston?
Detroit aren't moving to the eastern conference as there are 4 conferences instead. It can be anyone too, as there will be a at least 1 home and away against all sides next year.

I hope they don't pick Chicago again to go against them, because that would be boring. Unfortunately it is picked on who would rate more so anyone west of Chicago won't get a look in unless they had Sidney Crosby.

Detroit aren't moving to the eastern conference as there are 4 conferences instead. It can be anyone too, as there will be a at least 1 home and away against all sides next year.

I hope they don't pick Chicago again to go against them, because that would be boring. Unfortunately it is picked on who would rate more so anyone west of Chicago won't get a look in unless they had Sidney Crosby.

Has there been any discussion on what the conferences will be named next year??

Will it be after some of the greats?? or regional again?

Has there been any discussion on what the conferences will be named next year??

Will it be after some of the greats?? or regional again?

Should go Back to the Future. Smythe, Adams, Patrick and ..........****. What was the fourth one again?

Surely there is no chance it's Detroit vs Chicago in the next classic. If only Minnesoda weren't so boring that would be a great match up considering hockey's standing in Michigan and Minnesota.

The Wings Avs rivalry isn't the same so that match up doesn't do much for me. If only there were names like Yzerman and Sakic, Vernon and Roy, Shanaban and Forsberg, McCarty and Lemiux still around. :(

St Louis would be ok too. Nashville doesn't make sense even though there is a strong rivalry there. Well they hate us at least.

Don't like the idea of playing San Jose for the same reason as Nashville. Also we'll lose.:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else forgot to do the +20 mins on the iQ and miss the last 19.2 seconds :eek:

know-that-feel-bro_132188298669.jpg

After what looked like developing into a very promising road trip Calgary has just completely thrown in the towel now.

It is amazing how often we completely capitulate after getting close to a playoff spot.

Calgary are a bit of a joke but man Boston are scary. :eek:

Defensively Chara is a monster in front of the Thomas/Rask combo. Rask as back up goalie is a huge advantage, He's coming up for his third shut out of the season. The ability to rest Thomas so often should be beneficial in the playoffs.

What is scary though is the scores the B's keep putting teams away with, 9-0 is ridiculous, without Marchand too. I just wish Foxtel would play a couple of their games live.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back