2010 Trading and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Butcher From Port any chance of us getting him for Walker?

No chance in hell. He was pick 8 last year and the only reason he didn't play is because he had a back injury and the club went ultra cautious with it. Alberton Oval would be burnt to the ground if he got traded!

I'd be surprised if we gave up any more than our 2nd rounder for him. There are a few good SA players in the draft this year (Smith and Polec are Port fans aswell and Lycett plays for PAMFC) and the club would be keen to be in the race for one of them (probably not Polec but a chance on the others).

They might throw in Mots as a sweetener. He was shit this year but if you guys can get his head right he could kick 50 goals for you next year.

He's a decent mark, what's he like as a forward? I suppose he's had limited time in that role with the Lions?
He's actually had a fair bit of opportunity there, had only a few brilliant games, always shows plenty of aggression but sometimes too much. If he did end up at Carlton I don't think there's any doubt we'd be playing him at FF for a very extended run. Still don't reckon we'll get him but you never know with crazy Vossy, we could get him and pick 5 for Thornton :D

Just amazed at that Brennan deal. What on Earth was Vossy thinking?

:)
About the same as he was last year, business as usual. Carry on.

If I have followed it right, Brennan leaves and the Lions upgrade pick 10 to pick 5 and gain a third round compo pick from the Pies.

Can we please get in a room with Vossy and talk about the players that are wanting a fresh start somewhere else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just saw on Herald Sun Trade Chat, Matt Rendell has said that the Crows offered up pick 33 for Jacobs but we are yet to agree to the deal.
Are the Crows fair dinkum? what an absolute joke, gotta offer up something better then that i say.........

I would hope so cause the way this trade week is going we are going to end up with squat......

The Crows would of been happy to give you guys what we gave up for Tambling for Walker? Pick 24 and 50 yet you didnt want to deal. I think you guys are asking for too much and its going to bite you. 24, 32 and 50 for Walker and your 4th ruckman would of been a bargain for you. Now you will probably keep 5 blokes who dont want to be at your club and lose one in the PSD for nothing. Good luck with that!

The Crows would of been happy to give you guys what we gave up for Tambling for Walker? Pick 24 and 50 yet you didnt want to deal. I think you guys are asking for too much and its going to bite you. 24, 32 and 50 for Walker and your 4th ruckman would of been a bargain for you. Now you will probably keep 5 blokes who dont want to be at your club and lose one in the PSD for nothing. Good luck with that!
You knocked back our request of the Bock pick for Jacobs.

Walker is contracted, so we weren't going to hand him over for picks 32 and 50.

It appears you rolled yourself with the Tambling trade.

If we don't do a trade, then we'll only re-sign them using the argument the other party didn't value you enough to do a fair trade. Russell didn't want to be at Carlton at the end of 2006, but has stayed and prospered after we knocked back a third round pick.

Adelaide will have to deal with Sellar after offering him up as trade bait.

You guys don't know much about Swann and Icke

Im not seeing a great deal at present, you are correct. 24,32 and 50, you guys should of grabbed it and run, and would of now been in a great position to get some decent players who want to be at your club. Seriously do you really want to keep Walker? I didnt want him at all ( nor do I want Tambling ).

Im not seeing a great deal at present, you are correct. 24,32 and 50, you guys should of grabbed it and run, and would of now been in a great position to get some decent players who want to be at your club. Seriously do you really want to keep Walker? I didnt want him at all ( nor do I want Tambling ).
Yes, we would love to keep Walker. We will get a very good deal for him. You Crows supporters have no idea how trade week works and it's become pretty clear that your list managers don't either.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Trading and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back