2010 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

^^^that was Jesse Smith

Blee is 190cm.

Another kid that may be worth keeping an eye on during the year is Tom Lee at Claremont. Was plucked out of School footy by Adelaide and spent a year on their list, copped a knee injury, didn't do much and was delisted after one year. Could be a late bloomer. Doing well for Claremont in the WAFL. Was an elite athlete as well and at 194cm is a decent size. Has bulked up to 94kg now. Has played CHF/FF most of his life, but could do very well down back as well.

Certainly a better option than Shephard.

Hayden Busher is another one in the WAFL that is light years ahead of Shep. Only 20 years old also, 193cm aggressive key forward/backman.

^^^that was Jesse Smith

Blee is 190cm.

Another kid that may be worth keeping an eye on during the year is Tom Lee at Claremont. Was plucked out of School footy by Adelaide and spent a year on their list, copped a knee injury, didn't do much and was delisted after one year. Could be a late bloomer. Doing well for Claremont in the WAFL. Was an elite athlete as well and at 194cm is a decent size. Has bulked up to 94kg now. Has played CHF/FF most of his life, but could do very well down back as well.

Certainly a better option than Shephard.

Hayden Busher is another one in the WAFL that is light years ahead of Shep. Only 20 years old also, 193cm aggressive key forward/backman.

Ah, cool :thumbsu:
We're going to have some decent picks this year. If we can somehow snag O'Meara or his like in a deal with GWS, You wouldn't mind going largely tall.

Schammer, Hinkley, Shepheard, maybe Casey will be on the way out...Interesting times.

Going to be some interesting list management decisions at the end of the year.

Agree on Shephard, Schammer, Hinkley and probably Sibbo being on the chopping board.

We we hang onto the injury prone kids as well (e.g. Ruffles, Roberts)?

What about Faulks, a guy who they probably thought was ready to go, but was way off being AFL ready when he got here and has since shown little at Peel?

Bucovaz still isn't safe, despite showing improved form in the WAFL.

Will Hayden go around again after this year? Could be a retiree.

We could also lose someone like Palmer if reports are true.

Possibly up to 6-8 changes (3-4 main list, 3-4 rookie list).

Going to be some interesting list management decisions at the end of the year.

Agree on Shephard, Schammer, Hinkley and probably Sibbo being on the chopping board.

We we hang onto the injury prone kids as well (e.g. Ruffles, Roberts)?

What about Faulks, a guy who they probably thought was ready to go, but was way off being AFL ready when he got here and has since shown little at Peel?

Bucovaz still isn't safe, despite showing improved form in the WAFL.

Will Hayden go around again after this year? Could be a retiree.

We could also lose someone like Palmer if reports are true.

Possibly up to 6-8 changes (3-4 main list, 3-4 rookie list).

Faulks has struggled with a calf injury.
I'd be keeping Sibisado, even if it's for just a year on the main list.

Ruffles I don't know about.
Bicovaz has the size to be a good third tall...if he keeps improving, why not?
Roberts is a ?? mark. They knew he had injuries etc when picking him up, but there's something to work with there I think

Another kid that may be worth keeping an eye on during the year is Tom Lee at Claremont.

I'd expect Lee to eventually get another shot. He was taken too early when Adelaide picked him up. Didn't think he was ready at the time, and apparently he didn't really show the right attitude at training. A year in the WAFL, and then a rookie spot would be ideal for him.

As for Haydn Busher, I've been throwing his name around the last two years in mock drafts but it never caught on. Solid player, and it wouldn't surprise me if he got picked up as a 'mature aged' player and everyone started raving about where this ready made player came from.

Looks like Max Duffy is a big slider. Went from a highly touted 16 yo, AIS scholarship talent and in the sights of GWS' 17 yo signing window, to now being on the outer of the WA U18's team. Hasn't done too badly in colts. Played some good games, kicked some goals. Left Perth after being accused of being "selfish" in front of teammates. I wonder if his slide has more to do with attitude issues?

188cm, compares himself to Dale Thomas/Steve Johnson.

What type of player are you?
Quick player who has football smarts and reads play well. Can add an extra x factor to teams and makes good decisions.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble and why?
Steve Johnson or Dale Thomas because they have the same qualities as mentioned above. They have also both played small forwards and at times through the middle.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
My pace and timing around stoppages and contests. I read the play well and make good decisions. I think at this stage I’m a bit more of an impact player that doesn’t gather a lot of possessions.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/104409/default.aspx

Kersten may be another that slips due to his injury/non-appearance at the U18's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like to think of Kieran Butcher as the lovechild of Byron Schammer and Brett Peake. Unfortunately though, quite a bit of alcohol was consumed during the pregnancy. And as a result, he has decent but not elite speed and is OK in the contested situations but he also inherited both of their kicking deficiencies. Having said that though, he is the type of guy who could be promoted off the rookie list in a good team and have an immediate impact. Just maybe not a long term option.

Hutchings I like a bit more. Not sure why the Saints let him go, I suspect they thought they had plenty of his type already. Just another one of those Lower, DeBoer types. Wouldn't be opposed to having him as a rookie.

don't know if this has been posted before.if freo somehow are to get jaeger o'merea.i would be stoked if freo adopted the policy of draft by need(kpp a KICKASS DEFENDOR or a key forward),compared to select best available, for our 1st pick in this years ,2011 ND. we just don't need anymore flanker types.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back