Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, concrete hands. But got to right places and did good things. You could see structurally we were much better with him there. And Jack playing like me didn't help - except that mark I'd get the other guys waist not shoulders :)
I hope Jack and Tom really work on their forward movement over the next month or so.

Jack got pinged for 3 or 4 marking infringements last night, I get he was trying to stop Carlton’s defenders from double and triple teaming Tom in the air but man was he going the wrong way about it.

Actually I take that back, actually have no idea what Jack was trying to do, I think he was trying to do the above and I think that’s what Jack himself thought he was trying to do as well.

Got almost comical in the end there.

Can anyone upload his first goal? Missed it, was at work
It’s on the RFC website in it’s own video and it’s #1 of Jeeps top 5 moments of the match, or whatever that one is called.

Treated this game as really a practise match to a long season.
Yeah yeah carlscum are getting better but still inexperienced and gettable especially for our side...good side taking advantage of their sheetness...
Real Season begins next game for us...
Go Tigers!

I hope Jack and Tom really work on their forward movement over the next month or so.

Jack got pinged for 3 or 4 marking infringements last night, I get he was trying to stop Carlton’s defenders from double and triple teaming Tom in the air but man was he going the wrong way about it.

Actually I take that back, actually have no idea what Jack was trying to do, I think he was trying to do the above and I think that’s what Jack himself thought he was trying to do as well.

Got almost comical in the end there.

As much as tom was rusty as a 50 year old sheet of corrugated iron alongside the beach, jack was head at home with the new baby. jack wasn't anywhere near the MCG last night. Well physically he was, but mentally he was elsewhere

As much as tom was rusty as a 50 year old sheet of corrugated iron alongside the beach, jack was head at home with the new baby. jack wasn't anywhere near the MCG last night. Well physically he was, but mentally he was elsewhere
Yeah I watched his interview after the game this morning.

Jack’s head was nowhere near the G last night, poor guy was exhausted.

Really was a game to experiment. Our forwardline did seem less coherent as a whole but I think that was because we were too predictable. Naturally, the players were targeting Tom more than others which meant the Blue Defenders found it easier to spoil and crumb. What I am looking forward to is seeing both talls rotating up and back rather than Tom just be our stay at home target. I think we're one tall too many down forward. Tom doesn't defend or crumb well so we need more support for him at ground level.

Tim Lunch was abit out of touch but i tell ya what when he clunked that first mark i almost blew me load everywhere.

Just wait till he hangs onto those 3 or 4 marks he dropped infront of goal.

Even if he kicked that sitter we would be talking about him kicking 4 in a rusty display. Pretty ****ing good if thats the baseline.

It was pretty humid last night. There was a lot of slipping and dropped ball / marks on both sides, and I suspect the ball was more slippery than the players are used to. I'd like to see George back in the forward line, probably for Weller; Butler's kicking was poor but pressure was good. But it was a tricky night, the players look a bit underdone, and I don't think we need to worry too much.

Could tell he hasn’t played in ages. In a few weeks instead of 3 goals last night he kicks 5 and has 5-8 marks
He had serious opportunities to kick 5 or 6 quite easily.
In a month he will be.
Was VERY rusty last night.
In horse racing terms, he'll be better for the run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton flooded our forward line pretty well too making it difficult to find space especially for a guy who was rusty

Looking forward to next week aginst the pies who seemed a lot less organised in defence compared to Carlton

We would be rooted without this bloke...
loved the bump he put on Beams.

I reckon he’s gonna enjoy the challenge now that he’s more needed than he thought he’d be

He’s a lot more aggressive than I ever gave him credit for
Knows he’s a big boy and isn’t afraid to throw his size around And make contact

Complete opposite to Vickery

He’s a lot more aggressive than I ever gave him credit for
Knows he’s a big boy and isn’t afraid to throw his size around And make contact

Complete opposite to Vickery
Yep,
Vickery wanted to be a hero but was a spud.
This bloke knows how to play good footy

Considering he missed most of the preseason he has looked very good imo

Very nice set shot, doesnt look like missing and can roost them from 50 with ease

Just wait until round 5 or 6 when he really gets his touch, he will monster defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back