Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Traded to GC, picks 6&23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha yeah they literally come up and poke you in the anus!
Its such a thing that a student's dad that im friends with on facebook posted himself in a first-person photo, poking his 6yr old son up the ass as he was trying to climb a stair rail on his tummy.
Thats hilarious and very strange. But thats just a part of their culture i suppose so its not frowned upon

Have to say that i trust the recruiting team. It might be time to draft for need and Rioli was best small forward available.

The days of JON and Danny Meyer are far behind us. They don't take stabs in the dark anymore.

Haha yeah they literally come up and poke you in the anus!
Its such a thing that a student's dad that im friends with on facebook posted himself in a first-person photo, poking his 6yr old son up the ass as he was trying to climb a stair rail on his tummy.
A newish trend? As a young highschool exchange student in Japan 25 years ago, i knew 'kancho' only as a medical term for an enema.

Don't ask me why I learnt that word.

On a slightly different topic, Whats Maurice rioli's sons name is it junior ? and how old is he

im not the best on the net and cant seem to find any info on this kid

Going by this report it looks like MJ Rioli would only be about 12 years old now, so still has a long way to go.

http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/from-little-saints-big-saints-grow-coaching-the-u12s/

while Maurice “MJ” Rioli is the son of the late great Maurice Snr that dazzled the crowds during his time at Richmond and South Fremantle. MJ is only ten years old and before this season had rarely played a game of organised football. He is a very raw talent but has showed continuous improvement as he adjusts to playing a structured style of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That story is from 2013, put 2 years on that it makes him 14 turning 15 next year so 3years is about right maybe 4 depending when his birthday is.

Dean Rioli tweeted that MJ was eligible in 3 years so I'd go off him rather than the article.
Birthday is Septrmber 1

They booed Porzingis because they had no idea who he was, he wasn't in the college system which is massive in the USA. He had been dominating as a kid over in Europe though.
Bit of a difference to a kid who's been in the local systems but hasn't shown much.
They knew who he was but he wasn't a popular pick because of the stereotypes of the white European draft picks before him (with few exceptions). Also european success doesn't always translate, and was hardly dominating over there. Add that to the fact he has massively improved since the draft - they've put a lot of work into him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - Traded to GC, picks 6&23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back