AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Did it last year in round 1 also, last year was a half forward game today was an inside mid game, so he can play both. I wanna see it more often now. Next week I wanna see it again.
Last year he hit the scoreboard but only laid 1 tackle.

This year he dominated the middle after a bad first quarter and laid 12 tackles, which is double his career best at 6. I think today is the first time I could see the vision of him as that mid-forward most of the top teams have access to. A proper BOG performance.

Hopefully this is his breakout game.

Last year he hit the scoreboard but only laid 1 tackle.

This year he dominated the middle after a bad first quarter and laid 12 tackles, which is double his career best at 6. I think today is the first time I could see the vision of him as that mid-forward most of the top teams have access to. A proper BOG performance.

Hopefully this is his breakout game.
Hope so, inside players who impact forward move the needle, hopefully he's him.

No question marks on that effort. The positioning they worked on pre season went to his advantage and he ended up in the right spot for clearance wins .
That is the next level I was wondering if he had .

Splice the DNA

Feel like he started his career well because he had a mature body. His ceiling doesn’t seem too much higher to me but he could have that sort of Langford trajectory where at a certain point he’s not just a strong kid, he’s a truly mature beast and he finds another level.

Personally I would be setting him tackling KPIs if I was coaching him as I reckon it would be the best way to get him into the game, and would benefit us the most given he is really a half forward or bust at present.
Goddam, this poster (whoever they are) really gets it (tackling KPIs).

And also totally doesn't get it (ceiling)

Lid is off if he can continue to be that... present.

lisan al gaib…
Javier Bardem Wtf GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a bit of an enigma because sometimes when the team he up he looks down and other times the team looks down and that’s when you really notice him because against the grain he will do some real heroic stuff.

Got a lot of negativety pre season what are people's thoughts now ??

I 100% thought he looked lazy (can’t remember which pre season game it was) - certainly didn’t today. And to be fair, he’s been at least a pass mark in each of his first three seasons, without totally hitting it out of the park.

4th year, about to turn 22, 60+ games. Today was exactly what he needed, stoked for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back