AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Subbed off against WCE with a knee complaint -23/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Still think he can be the best of the 3 top 10 2020 picks, not many players will be able to match up on a fully filled out Cox when he's 24-32 years old
Totally agree on this.
Not sure if it’s a bit tough on his 2024 so far (he has kicked 3 in a game) but would love to see his ceiling. Give us a taste of just how good he could be.

Kids missed so much footy. Reckon he explodes next year
Still think he can be the best of the 3 top 10 2020 picks, not many players will be able to match up on a fully filled out Cox when he's 24-32 years old
Totally agree on this.
Not sure if it’s a bit tough on his 2024 so far (he has kicked 3 in a game) but would love to see his ceiling. Give us a taste of just how good he could be.
Lets pls keep this same energy after he has a few bad games (which he inevitably will). Kid just needs some continuity and know how to impact his game with his physical attributes.

Wouldn't mind seeing him play on Jezza against geelong, his running power and reach could be a real asset. At the same time Jez could absolutely monster the kid. In marking contests. Might be a good lesson to teach him some aggression and mongrel.

Lets pls keep this same energy after he has a few bad games ( which he inevitably will). Kid just needs some continuity and know how to impact his game with is physical attributes.

Wouldny mind seeing him play on Jezza against geelong, his running power and reach could be a real asset. At the same time Jez could absolutely monster the kid.

I'm all in, I still expect poor games for the next couple of years, big 200cm lanky blokes who can play wing don't really exist, he's getting stronger and more confident as the weeks pass by, the player we'll see at 24/25 will be very different to what we see now.

Injury luck, the right attitude and good coaching, I truly believe he can dominate every opponent he stands on the wing.

Lets pls keep this same energy after he has a few bad games (which he inevitably will). Kid just needs some continuity and know how to impact his game with his physical attributes.

Wouldn't mind seeing him play on Jezza against geelong, his running power and reach could be a real asset. At the same time Jez could absolutely monster the kid. In marking contests. Might be a good lesson to teach him some aggression and mongrel.
Like the Jezza challenge.
A lot.
Pretty sure there was an article recently that explained Jez was down in games where oppo played a ranging runner with him all game (instead of a big KPD who may then switch off once Jez goes up the ground).

Good call.
Because it’s my boy, I’ll be taking names and calling out the haters!

Agreed, not expecting the world this year. Think he's definitely up to the challenge. Aggression is good. Kicking is probably the weakness so playing defensive on Jezza probably ideal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked slow for a while after initially looking explosive - remember early days when he torched Natanui and a couple of Eags for speed? Last game against Carlton at one point he looked to turn on the jets again which was great to see.

I'm assuming his injury ain't too serious. On the bright side he's now sticking his marks which is incredibly important for him. The whole advantage of playing a 200cm guy on the wing is that he can mark over blokes that he's 10-20cm taller than. He's now starting to make that a reality. Still a work in progress but I think there's plenty to build on.

Also reckon his actual ball use was quite tidy and although he was far from prolific, he also didn't do much wrong.

He actually hurt both knees in different incidents. After the latter he sprinted past to get a handball and ran and kicked long. Don’t think it’ll be anything serious but could be sore in both knees at training this week.
Don't mind a sore Cox if it means he's been working hard, getting amongst the action and hasn't just been soft all day.

Don’t want to see any risks taken with my boy’s knees. Safety first and a week off.

Happy to see another week with Jones on a wing and Caddy up forward.

He’s going well.

Still reckon we’re probably 3 years of core strength away from really knowing what we are dealing with.

Say Heppell retires, I’d probably slide him straight into that role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back