Senior 13. Blake Acres - Extends contract until end of 2027 🤠

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny thing is, he was BOG for Freo in both their finals in his last year there.

Just plain dumb, you do everything possible to keep big game players not give them away for a bag of twisties

Just a super competitor

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, it was bizarro!!!

I remember watching him in those finals and thinking he's a totally underrated player - basically owned his wing.

When it was announced he was coming to us, I thought "hell yeah"!!! When it was announced we got him for a future 3rd (which ended up being a pick somewhere in the 60's) I thought "WTF"?!?!?

Freo basically just ****ed up.

Great re-signing though - love the Sheriff.

That future third round selection never looked so valuable. 😂 Wonder what Freo got for it in the end anyway. Acres you legend!!
It was traded around a few more times, eventually used by Brisbane to select Zane Zakostelsky (yet to play a game).
So far looks like we're well ahead in SuperCoach points, but behind on scrabble points.

I loved what Acres brought on field fo the Dockers in the season before he came across but I didn't know how good an influence and teammate he was going to be. It still stuns me how easily we got him from them to be honest.

Fantastic news for our footy club. Congrats Blake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody bewdy Blacres.

The guts you showed in last years finals with one wing obviously badly damaged typifies
the character and courage you have brought to us.

Looking forward to this years finals when, fingers crossed you have two good arms
and are fully fit and firing.

IMO you are in the top two or three wingmen in the comp, and none work harder or are
more valuable to their team than you.

A ripper player that you can just see loves the Club and the boys, a great signing. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Absolute steal

Dockers lowballed him, thinking they had better developing options

I miss Bell heading up list management

Wasn't a feather in his cap, it was a giant crap from a Pterodactyl
Yeah the dockers stuffed that one up.

Unfortunately they were held to ransom a bit by Liam Henry who wanted to play on the wing and they thought he was the younger, better option........only for Henry to ask for a trade the following year.

Unfortunately they were held to ransom a bit by Liam Henry who wanted to play on the wing and they thought he was the younger, better option........only for Henry to ask for a trade the following year.
Freo have managed to get Sharp into the club who has been a great pick up.

Dockers have let go of way too much experience over recent times, I still think they are a year off finding real consistency

Thoroughly deserved Blake. Just a great winger and valuable addition to the team... can kick goals and save them too.

His finals deeds will live in Carlton folklore... and he's just getting started.

7 sets of audio for that famous goal. Never get tired of watching this:
Sounds of Acres' match-winning goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back