Official Match Thread Season 27, Round 7: Coney Island Warriors vs Dragons FFC at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
1553505443852.png
Your week is proudly sponsored by the Bombers FFC

Well, doesn't this promise to be a Battle Royale ......Obviously the Dragons will have Air Superiority, but the Warriors are pretty handy at hand to hand combat on the ground.

So it's the Dragons in 2nd position versus the 3rd ranked Warriors .....who would have thought this at the start of the season?
PhenomenalV1 is moulding a side to climb the ladder, and with the results so far .....he's getting the runs. A heap of Rookies have been brought into the Dragons lineup. They come up this week off a win against the Gumbies, whereas the Warriors are rebounding off a loss to the Bombers.

The teams played twice last season, for a win a piece .....so there's really nothing in this match ...could go either way

Last Time We Met

Season 26 Round 12 - Dragons FFC vs Coney Island Warriors at Dragon Island
Dragons FFC : 21.8.134 ....and a sprinkling of goals across the team for the Dragons
Coney Island Warriors : 16.11.107 .... BigJoeD_ kicking 7 for the Warriors

Season 26 Round 1: Coney Island Warriors vs Dragons FFC at Van Cortlandt Park
Coney Island Warriors : 23.13.151
Dragons FFC : 6.3.39

Key Matchups
For the Warriors, their anchor in Wooshette was quiet last week, but always casts a formidable shadow ....the up & coming star & future leader in TheInjuryFactory . The reliable pantskyle who was quite active last week offers that support, as does candiehappy. The enforcer Raveneyes will have his teammates hoping for a big day out at FF

Interested to see young Warriors Rookies, harry000 and leobarryustar ....showing promising signs, but still just adapting to the pace of the game

For the Dragons, no-one stands taller or more important, than their FF in PhenomenalV1 .....but young old AceAndy has been a sensation in his Rookie year and has been playing well beyond his experience.
Then the club stalwarts & legends .... Hatchy1992 & Blaze Storm ...where would this club be without this backbone, and off course the absolute legend of the SFA Ljp86 ....although we won't discuss his Qooty skills these days

Slight leaning to the Warriors this week in the tipping ......Home Ground may just get them over the line

Captains, please have your team sheets posted in the team sheet thread by 11:59pm AEDT on Thursday.

So Lets get ready to rumble !

get

Last edited:
Big game coming up this week Dragons! Can't afford to be complacent this week after such a strong showing against the Gumbies, we need everyone to be firing on all cylinders to be able to go home with the points in the bag!

Welcome to Van Cortlandt park.

Our catering staff throw out any unused food items at the end of each day. Feel free to help yourselves Dragons.

You won't here anyone saying that the Warriors lack hospitality.

Oh and I hope you are enjoying your stay at the hotel accommodation we so kindly provided.

1553555380124.png

Welcome to Van Cortlandt park.

Our catering staff throw out any unused food items at the end of each day. Feel free to help yourselves Dragons.

You won't here anyone saying that the Warriors lack hospitality.

Oh and I hope you are enjoying your stay at the hotel accommodation we so kindly provided.

View attachment 642150

Huh!

Why do they get better rooms than we do???

For the Dragons, no-one stands taller or more important, than their FF in PhenomenalV1 .....but young old AceAndy has been a sensation in his Rookie year and has been playing well beyond his experience.
Absolutely ageist post WaynesWorld19 you will be hearing from the Dragons lawyers!!

:think::think: Hang on , probably mostly true. OK its a fair cop :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AceAndy - compliments of Dave Allen:

This woman is obsessed by marine ships. One day a whole stack of international ships are docked at the local port, and of course, she's there. She approaches a British captain, points at his ship, and says to him, "Excuse me sir - what does HMS stand for on your ship?" He replies, "Her Majesty's Ship, madam."

She thanks him, and then approaches an American captain, "Excuse me sir - what does USS stand for on your ship?" He replies, "United States Ship, madam."

She thanks him, and then approaches a little Italian captain, "Excuse me sir - what does IMB stand for on your ship?" He replies, "It'sa My Boat."

AceAndy - compliments of Dave Allen:

This woman is obsessed by marine ships. One day a whole stack of international ships are docked at the local port, and of course, she's there. She approaches a British captain, points at his ship, and says to him, "Excuse me sir - what does HMS stand for on your ship?" He replies, "Her Majesty's Ship, madam."

She thanks him, and then approaches an American captain, "Excuse me sir - what does USS stand for on your ship?" He replies, "United States Ship, madam."

She thanks him, and then approaches a little Italian captain, "Excuse me sir - what does IMB stand for on your ship?" He replies, "It'sa My Boat."
I remember Dave Allen's show was on the ABC on Friday nights, a very funny man.

You would have to be confident after Port's showing against Melbourne , those young blokes were really impressive. I was thinking Carlton would give them a run for their money but after seeing the Port/Melb game we will do well to keep up with them.

I remember Dave Allen's show was on the ABC on Friday nights, a very funny man.

You would have to be confident after Port's showing against Melbourne , those young blokes were really impressive. I was thinking Carlton would give them a run for their money but after seeing the Port/Melb game we will do well to keep up with them.
Yeah but it's only 1 game, and if Port doesn't bring the pressure they did last week, Carlton could make it tough.

Yeah but it's only 1 game, and if Port doesn't bring the pressure they did last week, Carlton could make it tough.
excuse me, we are trying to have a game of qooty here. Would you mind fecking off?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back