Official Match Thread Season 23, Round 13 – Gold City Royals vs Coney Island Warriors at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

1. NgB2TqF.jpg
vs
  1. 266520_fb04c3be81917f24446c7a1ea3bdb3a3.png
Unfortunately, qooty took a bit of a back seat over the weekend, when the awful news of Fred’s untimely passing broke. As I’m a newcomer to this forum in season 23, I never knew or spoke to the man. However everything I’ve read in the last 24 hours has made it abundantly clear to me that everybody who had anything to do with him loved him dearly, and he’ll be sorely missed by everybody.

However life must go on, and we have a very important match to discuss.

The Warriors were 2-7 after 9 rounds, and seemingly out of finals contention. I’m not sure if some special potion was added to the water at The Golden Throne, but a hat trick of victories now sees them on the verge of the top 8. In the unlikely event of a draw between the Wonders and Bears, the Warriors can leap into the 8 with a victory over the Royals.

On the other hand, the Royals finally stopped the rot after 5 straight losses. The sim is about as trustworthy as Kim Jong Un, so I’m sure they’re grateful that it finally did them a favour on Sunday.

Form guide:

Gold City Royals

LLLLW

Round 11: West Coast Wonders 14:5 (89) defeated Gold City Royals 9:2 (56)

Round 12: Geelong Wolves 15:12 (102) lost to Gold City Royals 17:12 (114)

Coney Island Warriors

LLWWW

Round 11: Roys FFC 12:8 (80) lost to Coney Island Warriors 17:15 (117)

Round 12: Coney Island Warriors 16:9 (105) defeated Baghdad Bombers 12:6 (78)

Gold City Royals

Despite remaining on the bottom of the ladder on percentage, the Royals are only a game plus percentage out of the 8. So if they start stringing a few wins together, who knows what the season may yet hold for them? As the old saying goes, it ain’t over until the fat lady sings.

In home games against the Warriors, the Royals haven’t enjoyed much success. The 2 teams have met on 3 occasions, with the visitors getting the chocolates twice. So the home side will be anxious to even the score on Sunday. However in further bad news for the Royals, their last success against the Warriors was in round 7 of season 20. The law of averages must surely favour them eventually: maybe this week will see the streak broken.

Player to watch?

BigJoeD_ had a huge game against the Wolves, amassing 103 Dream Team points. If his form continues this week, the Warriors may be in a bit of strife.

Coney Island Warriors

The Warriors have won 6 of the 9 contests between these 2 teams, so they’ll fancy their chances of securing win number 7 this week. Undefeated since April 2, Van Cortlandt Park is a much happier place than it was 3 weeks ago. If they can make it 4 wins on the trot, finals may yet be on the agenda. If anybody had dared suggest such an outrageous thing after round 9, they would have been told in no uncertain terms that Eddie McGuire barracking for Essendon on Anzac Day would have been more likely.

Player to watch?

In an extraordinarily even team performance against the Bombers, most players did their bit during the game. zackah was perhaps their best player on the day, so could be one to watch on Sunday.

Who wins?

Pffft: that’s a bit like asking when North Melbourne will win a game :p I’ll say the Warriors by 11 points, but it could easily go the other way.

Captains please have your team sheets in by the 11.59 Thursday deadline.

All I ask this week Warriors is that you string a coherent sentence together ... No need to ask for you to lie down and lose as well.

The Warriors were 2-7 after 9 rounds, and seemingly out of finals contention. I’m not sure if some special potion was added to the water at The Golden Throne, but a hat trick of victories now sees them on the verge of the top 8

Squatters!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not this mob again
They've conceded by the looks of things.

It's a far cry from when they're winning games and are up and about.

The dirty buggers obviously don't know where the Golden Throne room is
Their season goes down it in a few days so they'll become accustomed to it soon enough.

359034_8896f681069d8750e286a45b55eb848c.png

Season 23 Round 13 Official Team Sheet
Gold City Royals vs Coney Island Warios at The Golden Throne
B: Raveneyes - Dips - Benwah83
HB: Ilksy - Packedlunch - Lord_Flashheart
C: philreich - RedVest4 - Reginald Perrin
HF: toxic - candiehappy - comewhatmay
F: Freofalcon - craffles - Kabanna
R: Frankston Rover - zackah - Jazny
INT: Wooshette David Schwarz

CHANGES
Wooshette
R > INT
Jazny
INT > R
philreich OUT > W
DapperJong W > OUT

Is Nakia now our captain?

Warriors delist zackah

Is Nakia now our captain?

Warriors delist zackah
This was to be your last game anyway ... kind of a farewell game for being such a loyal servant who got the best of limited ability.

Sad to see you go but I'm sure there will be a few clubs after a good clubman. Try the trolls.

This was to be your last game anyway ... kind of a farewell game for being such a loyal servant who got the best of limited ability.

Sad to see you go but I'm sure there will be a few clubs after a good clubman. Try the trolls.
I feel as though I have been knifed in the back :'(

I feel as though I have been knifed in the back :'(
You need to be a leader to be knifed ... Next time stop using your nose to feel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back