AFL Player #10: Sam Weideman

Remove this Banner Ad

Incorrect
Not really. Name another key forward that was afforded the opportunities that he did whilst never getting to the bare minimum standard of AFL over the course of a season?

Not really. Name another key forward that was afforded the opportunities that he did whilst never getting to the bare minimum standard of AFL over the course of a season?
Youre Wrong The West Wing GIF

No mate - I can’t disprove your OPINION of a player. Agreed.
How many key forwards played close to 100 games without kicking 20 goals in a season and averaged significantly under 1 goal a game across their career?

How many key forwards played close to 100 games without kicking 20 goals in a season and averaged significantly under 1 goal a game across their career?
He took a long time to get comfortable at AFL but eventually did. In the couple of seasons before his last he was good for 1-1.5 goals per game and 5-6 marks whilst being asked to break himself by Worsfold. He has developed into a decent second forward but never had the chance to play that role.

He took a long time to get comfortable at AFL but eventually did. In the couple of seasons before his last he was good for 1-1.5 goals per game and 5-6 marks whilst being asked to break himself by Worsfold. He has developed into a decent second forward but never had the chance to play that role.
He had half a good year in 2018, got a 2 year deal, then reverted back to normal transmission. His last year for us summed up his career. One good game followed by 2 goals from the next 8.

The excuses are hilarious. Literally everyone outside of a select group of Essendon fans can see this.

Sam Weidemam is one

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Sam Weidemam is one

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
75 games, 77 goals. Ergo, more than 1 goal/game, more goals in 16 fewer games.

Smack played a bit of CHB for the Crows and a little ruck for us.
Which would account for what, a dozen games? Certainly no more than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smack played a bit of CHB for the Crows and a little ruck for us.
OMG remember that game where Smack got OWNED by Aliir Aliir in the ruck? Fk me that was embarrassingly, laughably, shockingly Smack-like. I did have a soft spot for him and he had some great moments with those massive hands but fk me if he wasn't up there as one of the dumbest footballers ever to play the game

Reckon you bin the KPD experiment now that Hunter is out for the year and you let him do what he was always destined to do, provide key forward depth in the VFL and be a focal point so the whole side doesn't fall over again.

Oh boy Big Smack don’t get me started

How can anybody not love him

Bit of ruckwork, float up forward, 16 touches, 11 hitouts, 6 marks, 4 goals 4 behinds

Absolutely bloody everywhere. Pussies sent back down the highway with tails between legs

Because he was a shithouse footballer who had double the goalless games than he did multiple goals, and averaged under a goal a game over his 80-odd game career?

How could anybody love him is the actual question.

I'm sure I talked a lot of s**t about Smack back in the day but I'm sure he was more versatile than Weideman was this year, even when he wasn't kicking goals or taking grabs. I don't think you survive in the AFL as a depth player unless you're capable of offering a few different skill sets, i.e. if you're marking as a forward you better make sure your opponent isn't either.

i don't think smack was particularly great but i "felt" like he tried his ass off constantly, even if it wasn't reflected with match performances.

wieds? idk, at best i think he's a passable back up and at worst he'd struggle to get a run in the seconds. i think he has the potential to be decent but he'll really need confidence to be able to actually perform well, and what we saw before he was dropped last year is that when he has no confidence he's absolutely rock bottom

Because he was a shithouse footballer who had double the goalless games than he did multiple goals, and averaged under a goal a game over his 80-odd game career?

How could anybody love him is the actual question.
We get it, you hate McKernan despite him being the most lovable player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back