AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (VC)

Remove this Banner Ad

McGrath’s time line at any other club compared to ours would make interesting reading.

Pick 3 by Legit FC.
1st year played as attacking hb.
Developed as mid in year 2 & 3.
Club identity he is a panic merchant that avoids contact.
Back to attacking hb in year 4 & 5.
Club realise he’s not very good offensively.
Moved to defensive hb in year 6.
Club hears him mumbling something about not caring about results only process.
Moved to shutdown hb/bp year 7.
Signs a 3 year extension on minimum chips & not in any type of leadership group. Wouldn’t recognise him if you passed him on the street.

Thankfully the club kept Dodoro around for the one thing he's good at.

McGrath 6 years
Stewart 2 years and delisted after 1
Smith the same, from memory?

He's great at that part of the job though, because he signed Parish to 5 sorry 6 years when nobody else wanted him.
I want to laugh, I really do

Said in this thread early in the season we should trade him for whatever we can get, apart from his footy going nowhere club should make a statement like moving on the VC. Nick Hind is a far better HBF

He's our Lachie Bramble, if Bramble was contracted for 6 years north of 700k.
Kanye West Laughing GIF

I wish his football IQ was even a quarter of his media IQ.
He’s a good prefect private schoolboy that says all the right things without saying much of substance, just like a politician. I don’t want to hear Andy say anything while I have to witness his pathetic defensive efforts on the footy field week after week. If I was Zach I’d be asking for a different vc, give it to Durham or caldwell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just saw him on 7 news.

I wish I could slap him.
He's got the same lines everytime he's interviewed, sounds great but how about putting into action words are cheap... how ironic that the only fight he showed was against one of his own teammates.

One of the first to wave to white flag when it gets tough and plays like a rabbit in headlights.

He’s a good prefect private schoolboy that says all the right things without saying much of substance, just like a politician. I don’t want to hear Andy say anything while I have to witness his pathetic defensive efforts on the footy field week after week. If I was Zach I’d be asking for a different vc, give it to Durham or caldwell
Came here to post this. I don't see a never-say-die attitude and effort from McGrath. I see it this year in Caldwell. I'd think it can only get stronger.

"It’s one of very few games this year where you leave with more questions than answers..."
I'm not sure what this even means.

"Effort in a game should be unconditional. We pride ourselves to bring that every week..."
Au contraire mon frere, because if you all did then we would not see insipid effort. Don't try to tell me with a straight face, that half-arsedness is the same as proud effort. You're a VC. Own the lack of effort. Call it out.

"We just have to bunker down and stick to what we do."
No, things need to change, don't you see?

"...we’re hellbent on getting things right this week and coming out on Sunday fit and firing and making amends for the last few weeks, because we know we haven’t been up to scratch."
Okay, I want to believe you, but do you get that when you mince your words and contradict the evidence, it causes disbelief? I want to believe, but wow, you are asking a lot.

"It’s one of very few games this year where you leave with more questions than answers..."
I'm not sure what this even means.

"Effort in a game should be unconditional. We pride ourselves to bring that every week..."
Au contraire mon frere, because if you all did then we would not see insipid effort. Don't try to tell me with a straight face, that half-arsedness is the same as proud effort. You're a VC. Own the lack of effort. Call it out.

"We just have to bunker down and stick to what we do."
No, things need to change, don't you see?

"...we’re hellbent on getting things right this week and coming out on Sunday fit and firing and making amends for the last few weeks, because we know we haven’t been up to scratch."
Okay, I want to believe you, but do you get that when you mince your words and contradict the evidence, it causes disbelief? I want to believe, but wow, you are asking a lot.
I wanted to hear "we are bringing the mouth guards to training on Monday "

Was sort of bland wasn't it .

And just like clockwork he comes out saying his same old we are hurting. Spare me

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (VC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back