NFL (08/09) Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Arizona Cardinals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (08/09) Superbowl XLIII: Arizona vs Pittsburgh

Looking forward to a classic attack/defense struggle. No offence to the Eagles (and it's not because they knocked my team out) but it's possibly a more interesting matchup, with a great deal of romanticism.

Gotta say on a sidenote that I'm learning a lot about the game from hanging around the forum more. I've followed the Giants since the early 80s, but have to admit I still don't know as much about the tactical side of the game. I tend to forget about this place until around playoffs unfortunately.
Please stay... I need a cutman between rounds with SouthernTakeover :p

Do lurk and post more and discuss here. The off-season now is actually one of the bigger periods of a lot of news and goings on happening in the NFL. Got the rookie drafts, combines, player trades, camps etc.
lol yeah IIRC gg and myself sort of went nuts with the threads in the offseason... Some solid discussion though :)

lol yeah IIRC gg and myself sort of went nuts with the threads in the offseason... Some solid discussion though :)

It was so lonely lol. Just you and me, and danielz popped in once and started a GG BF Spammer thread, and i started a thread asking to see how many people were actually still keen on visiting this forum, cos we lost a bunch of people like Cons and Briscoe and some others.

Ill try and stay around for the offseason now that im here. But I wont be making 10 posts a day maybe 3 or 4

cos we lost a bunch of people like Cons and Briscoe and some others.

Interestingly enough.. I still have both their contact numbers. Last time I touched base with LB, said he wanted another year so his bub can grow then he'll return. Cons_ss is a mystery.. number still connected but on the Telstra answering machine thingy I can't be bothered leaving a message. Rules out prison.. ;)

Saw on PTI tonight that there may be some doubt over Wards sprained MCL and that he may only get limited game time. Probably just a media beat up leading into Superbowl week but if it turned out to be true... well I couldn't see the Steelers winning.

Saw on PTI tonight that there may be some doubt over Wards sprained MCL and that he may only get limited game time. Probably just a media beat up leading into Superbowl week but if it turned out to be true... well I couldn't see the Steelers winning.

Great article if that's to keep 'overconfident' Steelers' fans in check. ;) btw...media word >> may = speculation 'NFI' word!!

As for PTI vs Post Gazette = no contest.

Ward will be there .. bloody oath

Hope to see Warner win this won, he is arguably the most loyal three team player in this game (Compared to another three team player in TO).
Hard working and an all round nice guy, he will go out on top and bring back a SB trophy to the NFC West (Which would probably still be regarded as the weakest division).

Pittsburgh has had their fairytale already, now they are just playing the role of the ugly beast.

Hope to see Warner win this won, he is arguably the most loyal three team player in this game (Compared to another three team player in TO).
Hard working and an all round nice guy, he will go out on top and bring back a SB trophy to the NFC West (Which would probably still be regarded as the weakest division).

Pittsburgh has had their fairytale already, now they are just playing the role of the ugly beast.
NO graham is the most loyal of the three team players. He was fired and came back to New York when asked. That is true loyalty
But I completely agree with the last 2 paragraphs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NO graham is the most loyal of the three team players. He was fired and came back to New York when asked. That is true loyalty
So him wanting desperately a job equates to loyalty these days? If he didn't sign with the Jets, he wouldn't have a job for a while... Pretty lucky in the end things fell his way...

With over 7 days 'til the Supabah.. I'd like to take this opportunity to wish Wizard and his Cards all the best. It's a 50/50 contest regardless. Team that makes most of their opportunities will deserve the spoils. Steelers D has weaknesses and so does the Cards D.

Just skimming thru those posts, the steeler fans are still being over-confident and writing off the Cards. Not all, but a lot are.

Obviously, the players is another matter, but when a whole tight-knit community over there, the fans etc, and media there are all back-slapping the Steelers in over-confidence, it CAN have an affect on the players.

Here's hoping so anyway! I dont like the Cards but I'd rather they win than the Steelers.

Not really, Punters go wherever they can get a job, apart from the very top, there is hardly anything separating the others. Your over 30 and a team offers you a job, you'll go grab it in the NFL.

Be careful...

You wont talk to Eddie Futch again after he throws in the towel Joe.
Geez for a bloke who's team has never landed the knockout blow you sure do talk a lot... Of course been fairly inconspicuous this last week... 2 posts after the inevitable occurred? Shame ST, shame ;)

Geez for a bloke who's team has never landed the knockout blow you sure do talk a lot... Of course been fairly inconspicuous this last week... 2 posts after the inevitable occurred? Shame ST, shame ;)

Two? Dont think you can count anymore... how many fingers am i holding up?

He cant see out one eye Eddie....

Two? Dont think you can count anymore... how many fingers am i holding up?

He cant see out one eye Eddie....
Sorry, 5 in the place that matters... I missed the one liners you lamely chucked up to hide your shame...

Much MUCH quieter than your normal self... Sorta sad, I thought you were a 'true' Eagles fans... Surely 'true' eagles fans wouldn't go into solitude after losing?

Sorry, 5 in the place that matters... I missed the one liners you lamely chucked up to hide your shame...

Much MUCH quieter than your normal self... Sorta sad, I thought you were a 'true' Eagles fans... Surely 'true' eagles fans wouldn't go into solitude after losing?

And i was wildly active the week before?

Face it, theres less to talk about thats interesting in the off season. I couldnt give a shit about non Eagles coaching changes. I showed up after every game we lost this year. Get on me when you can say the same squib.

BTW, its kinda cute in a 'wow, hes really stalking me' that you both miss me, and are willing to count how many times ive posted here this week. If i sign an autograph will you be happy for this week? Maybe a lock of my hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back