No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

6 isn't too bad, if you consider that some home games would be against sides like GC, GWS, etc that would be played at Marvel

Yeah spot on - we play 5 home games against interstate teams this year where we wouldnt get over 50,000 at the game no matter where its played.

I dont really get the hate for Docklands - not perfect but still good viewing from just about anywhere.

Yeah spot on - we play 5 home games against interstate teams this year where we wouldnt get over 50,000 at the game no matter where its played.

I dont really get the hate for Docklands - not perfect but still good viewing from just about anywhere.
I just hate the "home" games at Marvel against teams like North, StKilda, Dogs etc

Personally love Marvel, there I said it.

Especially during winter…
Especially now we play better there than at the G…

Oh, and I live in the northern burbs and it’s way easier to get to. But that’s my selfish side.

6/5 I’d be ok with, but that doesn’t really help with negotiations when you’re trying to get some awesome amenities for your members as well as top dollar deal financially.

I’d rather go one or the other and let both grounds fight it out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

can't complain stepping off a train at spencer street (southern cross for you babypeoples) and walking into the ground.........
The Melbourne stadiums are so much better for that. The SCG is slightly better now with the light rail going in but there's nothing quite like stepping straight next door.

The Melbourne stadiums are so much better for that. The SCG is slightly better now with the light rail going in but there's nothing quite like stepping straight next door.
picking up your coffee, record & donuts along the way...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Theory has it Redman wasn't made captain cause he is going home to Radelaide at the end of the season (think he is a free agent)

Gotta love it when * lose quality/required players.

Been enjoying watching Joe Daniher for a few Years since he left the Tulla Cesspool :)

We should play well at all grounds. I don’t think not being suited to a particular ground should be an excuse for losing games. We need to adjust accordingly.

Don’t disagree, but I think the nuances of each ground reduce or increase ball retention for skilled sides.
The G when it’s wet and windy it can help to even out games more hence why I reckon when were shit we tended to win more there.
Now we are a better team with a better skill set those natural conditions don’t present at Marvel and I personally think it suits us better and we play it much better than we did.

At the macro level and how this board works, win is good lose is bad the end.

We won more at the G = G is better

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back