Current Major incident at Bondi Junction

Remove this Banner Ad

'what was your schizophrenic son thinking as he engaged in mass murder targeting mostly women' is asking for speculation, unless we're claiming the father was involved then it by necessity is speculation.

Meanwhile, on multiple occasions, he directly blamed his son for his actions.

yeah I get all that.

I don't see how you're making the leap to the father assigning blame to women here.

It's not a leap.

I'd classify it as speculation.

As we can't yet rule out other theories such as that he was hearing voices telling him that all women were devils and had to be killed before they killed him.

I'm not referring to what 'we' or anybody else thinks or what can or can't be proven. Nor am I suggesting the father's response to the simple question of 'why', is the whole answer.

This was a discussion about a possible clue as to his father's mindset.

No, I've suggested only that the father's response might be a clue as to his mindset but you did say this
Well thats right, it must be quite daunting to know that your Son has caused so much hurt.
Doesnt mean he was raised to hate Women.
My Father was brutal to his 7 children, none of us developed that way of parenting, infact the exact opposite.

If his Father did preach hate it hasnt come out prior from the accounts weve heard.

Do we know the parents 'created' a murderer?

Both parents seemed pretty broken up about it and not trying to place the blame anywhere else than on their son who'd just murdered 6 people.
When I say created I mean in the sense of being the fruit of their loin, not how he was influenced.

Well thats right, it must be quite daunting to know that your Son has caused so much hurt.
Doesnt mean he was raised to hate Women.
My Father was brutal to his 7 children, none of us developed that way of parenting, infact the exact opposite.

If his Father did preach hate it hasnt come out prior from the accounts weve heard.

I'm not sure a misogynistic mindset requires raising boys to hate women, or preaching it. There's some in my family who have no idea they're misogynists, if it's subtle.

I'm not sure a misogynistic mindset requires raising boys to hate women, or preaching it. There's some in my family who have no idea they're misogynists, if it's subtle.
Or, you could be hyper sensitive to these things and view anyone who doesnt act the way you perceive they should as that type.

I'm not referring to what 'we' or anybody else thinks or what can or can't be proven. Nor am I suggesting the father's response to the simple question of 'why', is the whole answer.

This was a discussion about a possible clue as to his father's mindset.
My issue with the father’s comment is that it was a very leading and loaded question that was asked.

It was essentially, “Could your son have any reason to have an issue with women?” You could ask, “Could your son have any reason to have an issue with people who are wealthy?” and the answer might equally be yes given he was homeless. I don’t think we can directly extrapolate from his father’s comment that he may have had a general problem with women any more than we could extrapolate if they’d asked about something else.

There is no broader context to his father’s comment.

This question was also asked to people in a state of shock and grief who probably did not understand the full ramifications of what they were being asked or how it may be interpreted.

NSW Police Commissioner Karen Webb said while investigators were looking into the 40-year-old's past and a possible motivation for the attack it was "obvious" to her that Cauchi was targeting women.

"The videos speak for themselves, don't they?" she told ABC News Breakfast on Monday.

"It's obvious to me, it's obvious to detectives that it seems to be an area of interest that the offender focused on women and avoided the men."

She said detectives were currently in the process of interviewing people "who know him, were around him, close to him" to gain "some insight into what he might have been thinking".

As part of the investigation Premier Chris Minns announced the government will give $18 million to the NSW Coroner to establish an inquiry — headed by magistrate Teresa O'Sullivan.

He also killed a Man and attacked a baby.

If you look at the pictures of the victims what they all have in common, including the Man, is that they all seem small in build.
So what Commissioner Webb should have said was he targeted small Women and Men and avoided the big guy.

Do we have a word for someone who doesn't like small people that we can apply for some outrage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you look at the pictures of the victims what they all have in common, including the Man, is that they all seem small in build.
So what Commissioner Webb should have said was he targeted small Women and Men and avoided the big guy.

Do we have a word for someone who doesn't like small people that we can apply for some outrage.

The man was a security guard that tried to intervene.

It's really odd what you are trying to do here.

He consistently walked past men to get to women.
The only man he killed was trying to keep him from getting to women so got in his way
All of the stats for injuries and deaths significantly skew to women, why do you have a problem with people saying he targeted women?

He consistently walked past men to get to women.
The only man he killed was trying to keep him from getting to women so got in his way
All of the stats for injuries and deaths significantly skew to women, why do you have a problem with people saying he targeted women?
I dont, I just dont believe he targeted Women due to misogny, rather that he chose soft targets, which in a shopping centre setting would be Women predominantly.

I notice none of the Women would be considered of fuller build.

He targeted women. None of your big build little build nonsense changes that.
Yeah PenfoldsFan just wants it to be because they were small and not specifically women so he can say the giy didn't target women or that if he did it wasn't because they were women

Anything to not be specifically about women and don't forget a bloke died too

I dont, I just dont believe he targeted Women due to misogny, rather that he chose soft targets, which in a shopping centre setting would be Women predominantly.

I notice none of the Women would be considered of fuller build.

It was a Saturday and I saw the cctv, there were men all over.

Ash Good handed her baby to two men when she realised she'd been stabbed. There was another woman near her who was also stabbed.

Do you think perhaps even Ash Good realised Cauchi was targeting women and thought her baby was safer with the two men or were they just the closest to her?

I mean I tend to start with the simple options first.

He attacked and killed mostly women because he was targeting women.

Most behaviour like this can be explained by misogyny

That's the starting point for me

Statistically it's most likely going to be that

Has anyone considered that maybe Gauchi had a phobia of violence from men, if he was threatened or assaulted by men, in his homeless days?

Just throwing other possibilities out there.

I'd suggest that many women would have this phobia. Doesn't mean they gonna go and commit mass murder against women though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back