Preview Gold Coast Suns v Adelaide Crows, Saturday 16th of March, People First Stadium, Gold Coast, 7.40pm Adelaide time.

Who will be the sub?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you basing that on other than body size?

Mainly body size.

I agree his preseason hasn't been perfect, but reckon if he plays he will adjust quickly.

But I know that's not the Crow's way.

Murphy or Hinge for sub surely. With that being said how uninspiring is Murphy as a sub option. Hardly going to come in and turn a game.
The best he could do is copping a few head high frees in front of goal that other players can take

Who does he match up on especially if it's wet or dewy and Casboult doesn't start on the field? King or Lukosis? King would kill him on the lead and in the air, Lukosius would blow him up tank wise in no time.

View attachment 1927692
Bench if casboult is bench

Borlaise would likely be odds on to be the guy subbed off I reckon when we need more run in second half

I'd put my money on Soligo being sub.

Outside of that it's the team i'd expect to see given who played the Eagles games + injuries to Thilthorpe/Tex.
Why would Nicks make one of our best players sub?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Berry and Borlase the ones who've made strides this preseason. I doubt anyone would have had them in their likely Round 1 22 after the season.

Nankervis and Cook have trodden water or gone backwards. Not even in the emergencies.

Looks like Soligo is indeed going to be sub which is disappointing

So where specifically would he play looking at the Suns team as named?

We select based on opponent now do we?

I thought we just fielded our best side and let the opponent worry about themselves?

Yeah I’d make Murphy sub out of those but Sholl would have been my first choice

If they go Soligo I suspect it’s due to it being a long season and they’re also happy to have some quality come on in second half

The fact that Tex has been pulled out , Borlaise ahead of Keane and if Soligo is sub it’s kind of consistent with giving the fit guys who haven’t missed much first crack knowing that it’s a long year - that’s the only thing I can think of

I have no doubt Soligo is best 22
That’d be the reasoning, but I definitely wouldn’t agree with it

In all likelihood he’s a top 15 player for us this year, with the ability to push top 10. You don’t ‘ease’ those types back from unextroadinary injuries

Why would Nicks make one of our best players sub?
His history with subbing Soligo out due to minutes restrictions, even though he was near BOG for us in the game would make me think he'll apply the same principle in reverse.

The only other real option is probably Crouch if they decide to have a plan in turn to up the contested ability if we struggle in that area, but Murphy always fines his way in no matter what, we still need Hinge's flexibility and intercept ability down back and Pedlar hasn't done anything to deserve being made sub.

It's a very safe side really, no risks being taken to try and accelerate the rebuild. Sticking to the known players injury permitting
Basically gone in with last pre season game which was selected on back of other pre season games and training

Fair way off our best 22 that’s for sure

Berry and Borlase the ones who've made strides this preseason. I doubt anyone would have had them in their likely Round 1 22 after the season.

Nankervis and Cook have trodden water or gone backwards. Not even in the emergencies.

Looks like Soligo is indeed going to be sub which is disappointing

SSP’s bump on Keane is what put him out of round 1, Borlase is the beneficiary

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back