Preview Changes: R10 vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday May 20, 1.40pm ACST @ Eureka Stadium (Ballarat)

Remove this Banner Ad

Himmelberg in, no win. That's what I say.

(We're 14-26 with him playing and 0-2 this year)
If someone hasn’t mentioned it already, I reckon Himmer played last time we beat the dogs at mars…or was that Frampton’s blonde bonce I saw running around when I had a brief look at last year’s game checking out where I should choose to stand in the GA outer tomorrow.

Yes, yes, I’ve packed the family truckster and here we are. A coupla days in Melbs, the stinky hole, and then a couple in Ballarat for the footy.

Go you Crows!

Should have rested him previously when we had a good opportunity to play Gollant with Thilthorpe & Fog.

Now our hand has been forced.

Better rest him than play injured... but the concern is Fog has been struggling with his knee so we need even contribution this week.
I wonder of Fog is ok now and any earlier rest would have put pressure on Fog. Geelong game the obvious rest game with additional travel like Ballarat.

Worth noting Fog played last weekend with no strapping on his knee.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can see in Gollant a case of the one that got away. He is going to blossom into an absolute A grader. Mark my words, other clubs will be looking very closely at him. The fact that we have a few riches in the tall forward lineup doesn’t mean he should be overlooked.
I am hoping for him to have somewhat of an impact, say a dozen disposals and two or three good quality goals.
Get around him Crows fans or one day he will be putting on the goals for Hawthorn or some other team.
I am really looking forward to Gollant playing
At a lot of clubs he is best 22.

It was one of the dumbest things we’ve ever done

I still don’t think there was anything wrong with Lynch as the sub.

So he took a couple extra minutes to get on - who cares? With all the rotations these days, it didn’t matter a dot.

Feel like the media made a big thing of it because we all like to pretend players getting jabbed to play doesn’t happen on the regular.

Needing drugs to play?! pearl clutch

Plus Crows were still an easy punching bag at that point.

So he took a couple extra minutes to get on - who cares? With all the rotations these days, it didn’t matter a dot.

Feel like the media made a big thing of it because we all like to pretend players getting jabbed to play doesn’t happen on the regular.

It was another thing to get angry about because people were looking for anything to get angry about the club.

Yeah - only 7th in the Coleman race and on track for a 50+ goal season.

Meh.
Also kicked 70 goals since he returned from suspension in round 4 last year... just a lazy 2.5 goals per game. In the top few score assist players in that time for the comp as well. I am not sure why anyone still worries about his age, Tex is playing the most consistent and best footy of his career since 2021.

Everyone has called Hawkins career over since he turned 30 and yet he has also played the best footy of his career since then and looks like will go around another season. Tex could still have 2-3 quality seasons left at AFL level, if we manage him properly like we are doing by resting him this year.

I wonder of Fog is ok now and any earlier rest would have put pressure on Fog. Geelong game the obvious rest game with additional travel like Ballarat.

Worth noting Fog played last weekend with no strapping on his knee.

Probably should have rested Fog.

He did play last week without strapping at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the fact we dont have Walker on this trip, he is always the guy to help push us over the line in tough games. Time to step up kids!
Fogarty, Gollant, Himmelberg up forward might work well as they are all different types of players.
I would hate to see McHenry as the Sub in this game, but who do you sub out instead?

11 degrees and sunny, we need that dude with the icecream truck who was at Manuka oval when it snowed.

If you are going: coffee, Rogan Josh, blankie and those hand warmer things from the chemist.

Right on cue. And as far as I recall, nobody ever thought any different to everything is bad, but hey let’s make it even worse.

It was incompetent. Embarrassing. We don't need retcons to try to make buffoonery seem better- its not fans fault they ****ed it up.

Yep hes fabulous when hes on and one of my all time faves. But hes been bloody average thia year and when we have shat the Bed, hes been a massive player in it all.

My memory isnt that bad.
He has been our best forward all year. AGAIN. Hes had one bad game. The others have been good.

He has been our best forward all year. AGAIN. Hes had one bad game. The others have been good.

I don't think that's right. He's had times when he's been off. The goals are there, but the play doesn't look the same as the last few years. In particular, the overhead marking doesnt seem as strong. I've been assuming that's a back injury or something.

He's still chalking up goals. It's a fickle game- a red hot month and you can find yourself in AA contention.

Yep hes fabulous when hes on and one of my all time faves. But hes been bloody average thia year and when we have shat the Bed, hes been a massive player in it all.

My memory isnt that bad.
Haha wut

7th in Coleman, 17th in score assists, 11th for marks I50. What are you actually on about?

This will be an interesting watch for us.. I don't expect we would win with Doedee & Tex out & EH in. However if Gollant can step up and be a focus up forward and we get the win then the future is even brighter than we thought! Will be an interesting watch. Disappointing Worrell didn't get a game tbh

I agree. He actually didn’t go on any later than he would have if he hadn’t had to warm up. The injury happened with about three minutes to go in the quarter. He started warming up and went on about ten minutes into the next quarter which he would have done anyway.

After the talk that we've only played the Bulldogs twice in Adelaide over the last decade, I was wondering whether there were large discrepancies the other way

And it turns out there are

Since 2016 we've played GWS 10 times. 8 of those times have been at Adelaide Oval

7 of the last 10 games against Fremantle have been in Adelaide as well
business over integrity.

I find it interesting how often this board call for players to be rested as if they know how tired a player is, only for that player to play and perform the same week. There is no point speculating whether a player should or will be rested. Why? Because Burgess is all over it. Tex was rested this week because it is the optimal time to rest him. End of story.

I find it interesting how often this board call for players to be rested as if they know how tired a player is, only for that player to play and perform the same week. There is no point speculating whether a player should or will be rested. Why? Because Burgess is all over it. Tex was rested this week because it is the optimal time to rest him. End of story.
Well nicks brought it up before the geelong game but said it was too tempting to have a crack at a top team on their home deck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back