Player Watch #43: Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting - bit light on for HBF depth after losing Markov too, right?

Guess this means a guy like Naish needs to step up if and when the opportunity arises. Is there anyone else?
Ralphsmith come on down. Kid will be a gun.

I think he was the next to go after our previous delistings.

While he looked ok, just about everyone that we have bought in has. The advantage of playing in a well drilled system based team.

Maybe his contested game hurt his chances of staying. And the fact that we have quite a few options in that role. Due to reduced list sizes cutting one small back was right move re list balance

He didn't play the Richmond way against Port.

He didn't play his role, he tried things outside what his teammates predicted of him. What makes us strong is we are predictable as a team towards each other. Egg was chipping away sideways, taking on tacklers in the defensive 50. It was a strange game from him.

His delisting is a mixture of competition for spots and losing the trust of his teammates on the field. Do we need to persist with developmental talent when we have 4-5 others who can do the role better?

He didn't play the Richmond way.

So right, he didn't.
Not surprised.Small steps at the top level you soon get found out.
Smalls steps, great description.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we've keep our talls - Miller and Garthwaite - who are both relatively untried, and got rid our Houli replacement? I have no idea how Miller is developing but I don't hold much hope for Garthwaite other than for pure insurance.

Stack would be the most obvious player to groom for the rebounding half back. He has so much talent but needs maturity and motivation. We have a great track record for supporting such players. I hope Stack is another of our success stories because he could easily be our McLeod in the future. Naish, would be the next backup but I don't think he has the same ceiling as Stack.

Egg has a great left foot but he is a poor decision maker. This may have come with experience but sadly, we just couldn't afford him the time to develop with the reduction in list sizes. At another club, he may well become a regular but for us, there are just two many in front of him.

A lot of people on this thread are saying that, must be a lot of tough guys on this thread lol.
I didn't see him do anything soft.

He isn’t hard enough at the contest. Watch him closely. Lacks physical presence

I thought Egg would stay and Garth would be gone.

Egg showed some traits and was good depth but yes a bit soft, which really showed in the Port game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back