Past Zach Tuohy

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe how negative some Carlton supporters are and how some of them fail to see the bigger picture. We at best were going to get a second round pick for 2e but we managed to get a future first round pick and Smedts and only have to give up a future second rounder. Carlton will use this pick to get Marchbank and possibly Pickett. Therefore we keep 5 and potentially 13 after Gibbs is traded. All of a sudden we have two picks in the first round as well as Marchbank and Pickett. Blues are in a much better position.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
handy second post Matt Lattanzi........:thumbsu:

Best of luck to Billie. Matured from his earlier immaturity.
Hope you use him forward. Ain't a defenders A-hole despite us trying to make it so...
God there's some serious campaigners on this board
Yeah, well I now feel sorry for you lot with yarran.
Tigers posters are insufferable during trade period.

Trade will likely be Tuohy and our 2017 second rounder (about 25) for Marchbank and Smedts.

Are we happy with that?

If Marchbank turns out to be a gun I will be. Right now? Hmmmmmm
It's not just that. It means that irrespective of whatever occurs with Gibbs we can now keep pick 5. If that turns out to be a Brodie, Ainsworth or Taranto then I'm good with that. The future 1st rounder will pay for Marchbank & Co.

It's not just that. It means that irrespective of whatever occurs with Gibbs we can now keep pick 5. If that turns out to be a Brodie, Ainsworth or Taranto then I'm good with that. The future 1st rounder will pay for Marchbank & Co.
No It doesnt GWS can still demand 5 but I do assume this trade was done knowing that we can get the deal done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What am I going to do with my number 42 jumper now? Hold onto it and hope that someone decent gets to wear it or give it to charity? Might hold onto it and reminisce about zachs first bounce or long goals from outside 50. I still remember Callan Beasy taking a screamer in the seconds on the wing at princes Park in it.

I knew it was coming. I think the deal is reasonable. But I'm still sad. Tuohy is one of my faves and it sucks we felt it necessary to bundle him out the door. Smedts better not get his number.

Yeah .... I think I want to avoid this thread now. So long Zach. You did well mate, very well. Will miss you.

I am...but old style. We used to be the club that players came to. Now they want to leave us. If only we had a president like Tony Cochrane of the Suns, we would have told Adelaide to **** off and Gibbs would have been put in his place. Instead two Italians are running the ship and with only hours to go we have no result. Criticising the Italians - the Presudent and SOS - is not being rascist or prejudiced. It recognises a cultural fact. Have you ever acted for an Italian? I have. They chop and change repeatedly and take 3 times longer to get to the obvious destination. Whilst that turns out to be in the financial interests if the person acting for the Italian client ( coz more client time means higher fees paid by the client) it us not a smart or efficient approach.

If Carlton accepted that Gibbs would be traded then SOS, acting on sensible instructions from the Board, should have told Adelaide that it had till 5 pm on Monday to come up with an acceptable proposal - the parameters of which should have been identified on day 1. Failing that GiBbs would stay. Period.

Instead all of our negotiations, with the exception of those relating to Tuohy ( thanks no doubt to Geelong rather than any skill on the part of Carlton), will go to the wire tomorrow.

Name one other club, apart from Hawthorn (whose situation is obviously different) in this position?

You are an embarrassment to this forum,CFC & yourself. You are now the first person I will put on ignore(as soon as I work out how) From BLUEALLTHRU!!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Just one player folks. I'd have moved on already if not for whoever is doing this.

images

Best of luck to Billie. Matured from his earlier immaturity.
Hope you use him forward. Ain't a defenders A-hole despite us trying to make it so...

Yeah, well I now feel sorry for you lot with yarran.
Tigers posters are insufferable during trade period.

I feel sorry for you blokes with the Adelaide mob. Holy moly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back