-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Alistair MacKenzie would have approved.

"The course should so be arranged that the long handicap player or even the absolute beginner should be able to enjoy his round in spite of the fact that he is piling up a big score. In other words, the beginner should not be continually harassed by losing strokes from playing out of sand bunkers. The layout should be so arranged that he loses strokes because he is making wide detours to avoid hazards."
i do not disagree.

Played a really odd twilight 9 holes just now after work.

Dogs breakfast over the first two holes, so bad initially I literally lost a ball in my warm up chipping because I skinnied one across the practice chipping area and couldn't find it. Hit provisional balls on each of the first two holes, went left, right, left right all the way up the fairways.

Then through some miracle went bogey, par, par, par, bogey over the next 5 holes, including a par on the par 5 hole at the course, which I have never par'd in my life. Then finished up with two trash holes, including a penalty and 3 bunker shots on the last hole.

Was such a random day.

Played a really odd twilight 9 holes just now after work.

Dogs breakfast over the first two holes, so bad initially I literally lost a ball in my warm up chipping because I skinnied one across the practice chipping area and couldn't find it. Hit provisional balls on each of the first two holes, went left, right, left right all the way up the fairways.

Then through some miracle went bogey, par, par, par, bogey over the next 5 holes, including a par on the par 5 hole at the course, which I have never par'd in my life. Then finished up with two trash holes, including a penalty and 3 bunker shots on the last hole.

Was such a random day.
The golfing tide. It goes in, it goes out. Often for no reason at all.

First round of the Championships. Brutal.

After a par on the first hole (10th at the Marsh) went triple, double, bogie, bogie, triple, triple.

By that stage my handicap had been used up, so of course I lipped out a wedge for eagle on the par 5 17th, resulting in a tap in bird. :rolleyes:

Played some decent (not good) golf in the middle, then finished with four consecutive doubles. Dirty day. Worst I have hit the driver in years. Fluffed a bunch of chip.

To add insult to injury, I managed to drill an inch wide stake with a low drive, hit flush, right angle deflection 50 metres into a gully on the adjacent fairway.

319BF1B7-E9F6-490B-95CD-57BD55DD140B.jpg

Then on the last hole my chip hit the flag, deflected off the green, down a hill into a bunker. Instead of being stone dead, Iwas 30 metres from the flag. I hate this game.

Anyway, back again next week...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoyablke company at peninsula today. Pristine conditions with greens firm and fast as if it were middle of summer. odd. Strong comeback after a paltry first stanza that netted barely double digit points. Punctated by a pathetic 7 on the second par 3 which included a thin chip onto the green from the bushes resulting in an uphill punch hybrid to the green that didnt make it. ball rolled back to me. putt didnt make it. another putt got up finally. more putts followed. poo.

Passable score in the end with last three holes played to par.

He’s playing with heath scotland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back