80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont have a hole by hole analysis...no time for that at the course in comp and with many persons playing in the morning.

Moonah (National)
tee time 640
first 9: 19 pts
back 9: 18 pts
net 37.

First tee

2eld1lz.jpg

First green (nice sunrise)

ivd8jl.jpg

bloody windy even in the morning!!! it was warm but i think a strong westerly. conditions were yuk.

sitting 4th as i type. normally 40+ wins but no 1 now only 39

Old (national)
tee time 1010 (ie off the moonah, run to old first.
first 9: 8
back 9: 16

u wanna know about wind? fk me, it was worst on the old. driver used on 2 par 3s, second par 4 you have to hit over a valley. fairway played to over 180m away. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

wind got up even more as the round progressed. hit against it pretty much all day. lol @ playerws who complain about wind in suburban courses.
many a lost ball.

PN, is National ever open to public?

gday Ef.

yes it is. but you have to play with a member. and you can only play 6 times a year as a guest.

every day one course is open to the guests. and half to guests after 12.

so eg

today

old - member
moonah - guest all day
ocean - guest after 12 only.

like any private course the ettiquite of the guests are dependant on the member. if a guest fks around or even wears a hat/shirt out in the clubhouse, he'll be asked once, after that the member cops it.

eg. yesterday i reckon the group in front of me had 2 guests. they were very slow, even for a stroke medal round. after 9 they were standing around on the 10th talking and eating. no one in front of them. we had to tell them to move along even though the marshall told them numerous times.

so if you get a round there one day observe course rules and be ready for marshalls to drop in every now and then

played now 3 times in 3 days

sat played down at brighton, okay little track prob not worth the distance to the course how far i live away. hired a push cart again & they made me hand it in after 9 because they said they wouldnt be open by they time the finished then when i got back to the 18th the girl in the pro shop was still on the prac green, so i had to carry my clubs, wasnt happy.
Very short only a par 67 & some of the greens were very easy to get in 2 but as i am no rory mcilroy was chipping on for 3 alot. once again had a positive front 9 with an ave back. how ever wont be back in a hurry

par 67 (h/c 33) shot 95 so -5 stroke with a 45 out & 50 in . had 37 putts which i was very un happy about. only had 2 pars on the front & none on the back once again dominated the boagies.

Was in a really good frame of mind with my golf & looking forward to my fav course in the world st andrews beach & the 1st round of my club championship.

Played with a pro in a pro-am at my home club the other day.

The pro i played with was Nathan Uebergang (sp?). Anyway this bloke took 3 iron off nearly every tee and would only be 10-20 or so behind my drive.

It's amazing how good these blokes are from within 100m. Just knocked it stiff every time. He ended up shooting 72 (par) and left a few out there.

Anyway on my game. It was a pretty boring round really, no birds and 3 bogeys the front nine, and 3 bogeys the back nine for a 78.

I've been hitting the ball solid lately lately. Need to work on my chipping which is costing me a few shots and get some putts to start falling.

St Andrews Beach so played about 3 km away from you today petenorth except i wasnt lucky enough to tee off at 6.40. got away about 9.30 & it was a little windy to say the least :eek:
the hardest i have ever played it in the 4 or 5 times i have. the bloke in the drinks cart kept saying everytime he came past there is no way i would be out here right now. we play stableford & i had 31 points & finished, equal 4th for the day. i was in the 3rd group of 6 & once we got to the 440m par 4 13th into a gale us & anyone behiend us had no chance of winning. that 13th is the hardest hole i have ever played finish with a grinding 7 & 1 putts. a guy in the 1st group & 2nd group tied finished on 35 points & a guy in my group (who is nothing short of a filthy cheat) got 33 points but i reckon it was more of a mid to high 20's.

i am so jelous of ppl who live down there who can play st andrews/moonah/the dunes/eagle ridge. such good golfing

Played down at Portarlington yesterday. Good course, nice fairways, and solid greens. Probably the second best course I've played on so far (best has been Curlewis).

Pretty good round for me (Only had my fourth full round of 18). Shot 112 - par is 72.

My problem is my consistency overall. I smoke a few off the tee and struggle with my short game. Then next hole I shank off the tee and gun my short game.

Going to sign up for a membership there. Only $750, which is pretty good as I want to play a round or two each week.

http://www.portarlingtongolf.com.au/layouts/mp_standard/Template.aspx?page=Course

St Andrews Beach so played about 3 km away from you today petenorth except i wasnt lucky enough to tee off at 6.40. got away about 9.30 & it was a little windy to say the least :eek:
the hardest i have ever played it in the 4 or 5 times i have. the bloke in the drinks cart kept saying everytime he came past there is no way i would be out here right now. we play stableford & i had 31 points & finished, equal 4th for the day. i was in the 3rd group of 6 & once we got to the 440m par 4 13th into a gale us & anyone behiend us had no chance of winning. that 13th is the hardest hole i have ever played finish with a grinding 7 & 1 putts. a guy in the 1st group & 2nd group tied finished on 35 points & a guy in my group (who is nothing short of a filthy cheat) got 33 points but i reckon it was more of a mid to high 20's.

i am so jelous of ppl who live down there who can play st andrews/moonah/the dunes/eagle ridge. such good golfing

tough going today wasnt it?

did you get rained on in the morning? we were watching the storm come (i was like yo storm, come at me brah). then it started raining, hard. that was after 7th or so.

i too am jelly of them people who live down there. summer would be full of babes.

If you come back in another life, i shotgun Peter North.

is it cause of my enormous length*

* may or may not be between the legs

* or off the tee

tough going today wasnt it?

did you get rained on in the morning? we were watching the storm come (i was like yo storm, come at me brah). then it started raining, hard. that was after 7th or so.

i too am jelly of them people who live down there. summer would be full of babes.

is it cause of my enormous length*

* may or may not be between the legs

* or off the tee

we had a bit of drizzle from about 9.15 to 10 but nothing too bad, what a terrible day for golf in heinsight, but i loved it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a round at Royal Park yesterday afternoon. Only place my mate plays. I think its because he isn't an overly great player but if he plays well he can go around in low / mid 40s. Gives him confidence.

Didn't play well, irons were shit. Not happy. And kept pulling my short irons from the tea, perhaps I was trying to get heaps of distance out of them.

Shot 41. And never going back to the course, it is just shit.

had a hit there tonight before footy, not a massive fan but fills the hunger for a hit after work. shot 44 & was happy but its a very easy short course.

they most annoying thing about it i find is the ppl who just walk on hte 2nd & slow it up 2 1/2 hours is way too long for 9

will get on northcote next mon i think

Played down at Portarlington yesterday. Good course, nice fairways, and solid greens. Probably the second best course I've played on so far (best has been Curlewis).

Pretty good round for me (Only had my fourth full round of 18). Shot 112 - par is 72.

My problem is my consistency overall. I smoke a few off the tee and struggle with my short game. Then next hole I shank off the tee and gun my short game.

Going to sign up for a membership there. Only $750, which is pretty good as I want to play a round or two each week.

http://www.portarlingtongolf.com.au/layouts/mp_standard/Template.aspx?page=Course

i'd think about joining curlewis, ripping little course, the front 9 is quality. Ive gotta get down there again soon

Have played a few good ones in the past few weeks. Cape Schanck, Eagle Ridge, Yering are tough, Nhill, Beaconhills and Royal Dorset are good fun too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back