Your favourite comedian.

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know if i've seen enough of Hicks or other guys like Carlin, but I dont find the whole "crazy comedian ranting about sex, religion and society" all that funny

I think there is far more credit needed for comedians that write jokes, rather than just go out on stage and have the audience cracking up at how crazy and left field your oppinions are

Saw Louis CK at the Opera House last night. Good lord, it's hard for me to think of a 90min period that I have enjoyed more in my life. It was just the most brilliant, entertaining set. Such a joy and certainly my favourite comedian at this moment.

Anyone else see him up here or down in Melbourne?

Saw Louis CK at the Opera House last night. Good lord, it's hard for me to think of a 90min period that I have enjoyed more in my life. It was just the most brilliant, entertaining set. Such a joy and certainly my favourite comedian at this moment.

Anyone else see him up here or down in Melbourne?
Lucky Bastard

Easily the best stand-up going around at the moment
He dosnt repeat material does he ?

Lucky Bastard

Yeah, he does. I haven't seen him live, but I have seen two clips of him doing the same routine, just worded slightly differently. It would take a very brave comedian to never do the same material twice.

Lucky Bastard

Some of his stuff I've heard before but only recently on Conan and other sort of interviews that's he done lately like that. But other than about 5mins, it was 90mins of material I've never heard before. And it was brilliant stuff. His delivery in person is just hilarious.

As said above, would take a very brave comedian to not repeat some material from somewhere.

I remember reading that he writes a totally new 90 minute routine every year for his standup shows. The stuff he performs on TV is the best bits from his previous year's routine, interspersed with maybe one or two bits of his most current stuff as a teaser. It means that when you go to his show you're virtually guaranteed to be watching 95% stuff you've never seen before.

By contrast most standup routines are a combination of new and proven material. The old stuff is rotated in and out over the years, and they almost always perform the new stuff on TV to promote their current show. As a result at any given show by a well-known comedian you'll probably have heard a lot of it before.

Yeh I've heard him say that as well. Pretty impressive. He said he once saw George Carlin and heard him talk about how he did his material and Carlin said he threw out all his material once done with a tour and started fresh. Louis used to reuse material but his experience with Carlin changed his perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CBF trawling the history to see if it's been mentioned, but late last year HBO released a fascinating (and piss funny) hour long special "Talking Funny" with Ricky Gervais, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock and Louis C.K. just sitting around talking their trade.

...and you won't be able to listen to Otis Redding's "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" with a straight face anymore.

CBF trawling the history to see if it's been mentioned, but late last year HBO released a fascinating (and piss funny) hour long special "Talking Funny" with Ricky Gervais, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock and Louis C.K. just sitting around talking their trade.

...and you won't be able to listen to Otis Redding's "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" with a straight face anymore.
Does he do the whistle :D

Loved this.

Found it amazing how much work, particularly Gervais & Seinfeld do, when forming their act.

I love so many comedians. Going to see live comedy is one of the best things you can do. Get away from the TV and laugh. I want to see one of your Fresh Faces showcases. I like Janean Garofalo, Zach Galifianakis, Murphy, Pryor, Martin, so many!

Bingo Maker

Jim Jefferies is quickly becoming my favourite Australian comedian. Dirty bastard. I highly recommend his "Alcoholocaust" DVD. This is a clip from the DVD. Don't watch this clip if you have a problem with the C-word.

[YOUTUBE]rNRHPr7Gabk[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: Just discovered Alcoholocaust is on youtube in full. Here it is...

[YOUTUBE]b-wttvjGI2o[/YOUTUBE]

Hicks, Carlin, Pryor, Stanhope, Gervais.............and this bloke is seriously under-appreciated:

[YOUTUBE]nULFMp4jKBo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Dl4ie3TaPGg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nlp2WlqjDyc[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back