Young girl allegedly insulted by St Kilda player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got a link?
Im curious as to whether the comment was made to her face or behind her back and she overheard it. It's a bit ridiculous she claims to be a fan yet she doesn't even know the player's name and deacribes him as the 'chestnut colored hair.'

With no inside knowledge whatsoever, this is what I reckon would have happened. They agree to a group photo, but as confirmed by one of the links early on in this thread, as she lines it up her phone rings and she doesn't end up getting to take said photo. I'd guess that as she answers the call (coz, as I think we all know, there's no way a 21 year old girl would even think of rejecting a call and just getting on with taking the photo that a group of professional athletes had been good enough to pose for) and the players disperse, the comment is made and she overhears it.

Complete beat up. Hinch, just lol.

With no inside knowledge whatsoever, this is what I reckon would have happened. They agree to a group photo, but as confirmed by one of the links early on in this thread, as she lines it up her phone rings and she doesn't end up getting to take said photo. I'd guess that as she answers the call (coz, as I think we all know, there's no way a 21 year old girl would even think of rejecting a call and just getting on with taking the photo that a group of professional athletes had been good enough to pose for) and the players disperse, the comment is made and she overhears it.

Complete beat up. Hinch, just lol.

Yeah answering a phone call when the players had been good enough to pose for a group photo is rude and if she got a rude response after that then stiff shit she deserved it. I'd expect the same thing if I was rude and answered a phone call when other people were taking time out to do me a favour.

The younger generation are all about themselves these days with zero consideration for other people but as soon as other people show a lack of consideration for them they scream blue murder. No better example than Kim Duthie.

Yeah answering a phone call when the players had been good enough to pose for a group photo is rude and if she got a rude response after that then stiff shit she deserved it. I'd expect the same thing if I was rude and answered a phone call when other people were taking time out to do me a favour.

The younger generation are all about themselves these days with zero consideration for other people but as soon as other people show a lack of consideration for them they scream blue murder. No better example than Kim Duthie.
Zac Dawson had no consideration for other people when he took and kept the photos despite being asked to delete. You do realise AFL players have to set a standard right?

Also why do you always defend St Kilda players on everything when they have equally done something wrong? According to you they call the umpire a fornicating silly and give away a 50 meter penalty that cost them a Grand Final and yet it still would have been the umpires fault for the decision even if everyone else thought it was wrong.

Grow Up!

Zac Dawson had no consideration for other people when he took and kept the photos despite being asked to delete. You do realise AFL players have to set a standard right?

Also why do you always defend St Kilda players on everything when they have equally done something wrong? According to you they call the umpire a fornicating silly and give away a 50 meter penalty that cost them a Grand Final and yet it still would have been the umpires fault for the decision even if everyone else thought it was wrong.

Grow Up!

My friend has incriminating photographs he took at my bucks night. They have not made it onto the internet over the years since this event.
If one of his house guests went through his stuff and put them on, I'd be pretty pissed at that house guest.
You can't tell the difference between the two and you are telling people to grow up? Your attitude is incredibly simplistic.

Its like the people shoot people argument. The existance of sensitive photographs does not give some juvenile flog the right to air them.

( PS Zac Dawson was IN the photographs get some facts before you post your idiocy ).

What have we learnt re Hinch getting something before the rest of the media does ? Why would he ?

Only three things likely...someone wants either money, revenge or attention.

So she didnt see who said it, but he had chestnut brown hair ? Thats not odd at all.

Hope its not one of those fake extroverted fat teens...they can be a bit sooky. You know, the ones that think they can hide the fact they're fat by laying on thick some sort of vibrant personality. You just know nobody has ever been honest with them and helped them out by telling them straight up they're a wildebeast.

Grow Up!

It was Sam Gilbert that had the photos and didn't delete them you moron and it wasn't his fault that Kim Duthie decided to be a vindictive little bitch by stealing the photos and posting them on the internet. She's the one that showed a lack of consideration for other people not Gilbert.

You have about as much credibility as Hinch, ie. zilch.

Exactly. I can't believe people are posting that it is funny in this thread. If this is true (and I suspect it is) the player(s) should be disciplined severely ( I would suspend them for a month). Somehow the message has got to get out to these idiots that it is NOT ok to put someone down because of their size and neither is it funny.

I find it really hard to believe that there are people in this modern world that still think like that.
Exactly. We've got Plugger saying it's likely to be made up (no surprises) and a stack of other posters making fat jokes. None of you fellas have overweight friends, sisters, even girlfriends or wives? Please.

Brendon Goddard would be my first guess. still recall that game when he kicked the football deliberately at a victorian freo supporter behind the goal causing injury. a total flog. the girl should send the jumper back with it smeared in dog shit
Maybe the Freo supporter was fat and looked like that serial pest Smellintine:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we can call someone tall, short, skinny but not fat. Political correctness is so crap.
And the carbon footprint of a fat person is so much bigger. There destroying the world!!! Keep into em guys

Are we allowed to call people 'thick'? If you were born a few decades earlier they would have terminated you at birth, along with any other person with an IQ under 40.

Aah its that time of the year once again where some footy fan thought here we go its the saints maybe i can make some headlines in the media so that wasted oxygen thief Hinch decides to make a mountain out of a MOLEhill.:mad:

So the so called 'facts' are this: The girl was young ... wrong.
She was very overweight ... apparently true.
She was insulted by allegedly being called fat by a footballer ... who knows!
Derryn Hinch jumps on this unsubstantiated, unproven 'incident' and reports it as gospel. Short memory Hinch.
Shame on you Hinch. Shame!

So the so called 'facts' are this: The girl was young ... wrong.
She was very overweight ... apparently true.
She was insulted by allegedly being called fat by a footballer ... who knows!
Derryn Hinch jumps on this unsubstantiated, unproven 'incident' and reports it as gospel. Short memory Hinch.
Shame on you Hinch. Shame!
Your players got a talking to about the incident because the players' denials are not believed. Why would a girl embarrass herself by making up such an allegation? :confused:

I know all footy fans have a bit of willful blindness, but gee, the blinkers are well and truly on Saints and Blues at the moment.

Weight is a driver of many mental health issues people face these days and often can lead to suicide.

Its no joking matter. If a StKilda player has made a joke at the expense of a fan then that is disgraceful.

Of course it never happened....Plugger says so.....but if it did regardless of what club was concerned then that player should be ashamed of themselves. As should those on this board with some of their appalling comments. Absolute lowlifes.

Your players got a talking to about the incident because the players' denials are not believed. Why would a girl embarrass herself by making up such an allegation? :confused:

I know all footy fans have a bit of willful blindness, but gee, the blinkers are well and truly on Saints and Blues at the moment.

So, I'm guessing you believed the the whole St. Kilda schoolgirl issue was true as well. Maybe the blinkered ones are those who choose to believe without question, something that may or may not have happened.

Please what ? Be dishonest ? Let them die young coz you're too afraid to tell them the truth ? Mental health my arse...teenagers get called a shitload worse than fat and dont jump for the razorblades. Everyone wants to have a social disease or blame what they have on anyone and everyhting else...and the dudley do rights claim if the world is honest they will become mentally ill.

The hypocrisy of some is amazing...disabilities or anything out of anyone's control is not something anyone can make light of...but obesity is purely self inflicted and as a taxpayer i have as much right to complain about obesity as alcholism, smoking, or any of the others you probably whine about to do with the health $.

My health taxes should be spent on disabilities, children, the handicapped and genuinely physically and mentally ill...if you are the type that screws your nose up at anyone smoking, or look down upon anyone drinking too much...about time you woke up to yourself about those who eat too much and dont burn it off.

Excuses for everything these days. Biting your fingernails now qualifies as a disease too..i should feel sorry for them too and get a support group going.

Dane Swan should be crying and blubbering about being called F A T...poor fella, nobody should be subject to that, joke or not it would be just so disgusting and we should worry he'll top himself.

So, I'm guessing you believed the the whole St. Kilda schoolgirl issue was true as well. Maybe the blinkered ones are those who choose to believe without question, something that may or may not have happened.

That's a completely different case. Why would someone make up a story where they were called fat by a footy player? Open your eyes.

Total beat up and a attention seeker.

She told Mitchell this morning she was a size 8 who can slip into size 6, so a Saint calls her fat? Yer right.

She told him eating disorders are a serious health issue and shouldnt be taken lightly, thats true, but she also said she had the name of friends or an eating disorder group (or similar) tattooed on her forearm as a reminder and wanted the Saints to go with her to the group?

The skinny mole has had her 15 minutes of fame, now she should grab a few big macks and go away never the be heard or seen again.

That's a completely different case. Why would someone make up a story where they were called fat by a footy player? Open your eyes.

Girls that age can have pretty wild imaginations, like Kim Duthie saying she was pregnant to Sam Gilbert when it all turned out to be bullshit.

Maybe this other girl was pissed off the players didn't pay her enough attention and squealed to her mother and Hinch that they were nasty to her when in reality they weren't. Maybe she is just an opportunist who wanted money, gifts or attention like Kim Duthie.

Why the f*** should we take her word for it over the St Kilda players word for it when they told the truth during the whole Kim Duthie scandal while she told lie after lie that was swallowed hook line and sinker by idiots in the media and here.

The St Kilda players have denied they said what she says they said and I'll believe their word over some random 21 year old attention seeking groupie who doesn't even know the players names and goes to running to mummy because she thought she heard something nasty and a gutter trash scumbag like Hinch who has an agenda against St Kilda.

If she's a big enough fan to go and get an autograph - at age 21 no less - how can she not know the player's name?

From the 3AW interview it sounded like she wasn't a St Kilda supporter, she was getting a photo for her friends birthday who was a Saints supporter, but she could only recognize Nick Reiwoldt (it wasn't him who made the remarks).

From the 3AW interview it sounded like she wasn't a St Kilda supporter, she was getting a photo for her friends birthday who was a Saints supporter, but she could only recognize Nick Reiwoldt (it wasn't him who made the remarks).

Regardless not knowing the players names is no excuse to be trash talked to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back