XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. I thought Prey was significantly underrated, and was one of the best games of the previous generation

Thankfully it was Arkane Lyon (not Austin) that was responsible for Dishonored and Deathloop.

As far as I'm aware, the Austin branch only did Prey and Redfall.

Prey was actually a bit scary lol

I remember having some huge dark monster stalking me everywhere I went

Prey was actually a bit scary lol

I remember having some huge dark monster stalking me everywhere I went

Haha yes. I remember the first time I encountered it I was just backtracking through an area to get some collectables and then a huge creature the size of a two story building just randomly wandered in front of me.

No cutscene, no introduction, no music. It was just suddenly...there.

Needless to say, I basically shat my pants.

Microsoft just casually closed Tango Gameworks (Hi-Fi Rush, Ghostwire Tokyo, The Evil Within) and Arkane Austin (Prey, Redfall).

Redfall was s**t, but the rest of those games were bloody great. Hope the talent is moved to other MS studios ASAP.
the bullshit was them justifying closing 3 studios because the central support team was "stretched too thin" like campaigners you can hire more people for that team

They do seem to kick a lot of own goals.
If you listen to anything any of their management says, you’ll quickly realise they have no idea how to succeed in the gaming industry.

My proposal to Microsoft is to make me ceo, and I can continue making these shitty decisions for a fraction of the salary.

Love bethesda games (fallout 3/4, Oblivion/Skyrim).

Can't ******* stand starfield.
That's why I said probably :D

I put heaps of time into Oblivion and finished it and the shivering Ilses expansion

Put a fair bit of time into skyrim but couldn't get that far before losing interest

Fallout got boring as soon as the world opened up

It's all the same experience largely and there isn't enough story for me to care anymore

That's why I said probably :D

I put heaps of time into Oblivion and finished it and the shivering Ilses expansion

Put a fair bit of time into skyrim but couldn't get that far before losing interest

Fallout got boring as soon as the world opened up

It's all the same experience largely and there isn't enough story for me to care anymore

Can't say I agree really, love TES and Fallout but Starfield was a bit of a wet fart.

Can't say I agree really, love TES and Fallout but Starfield was a bit of a wet fart.
I'm just saying how it is for me.
The openings are engaging and as soon as the world opens up and you can explore it all becomes a bit same same for me

Like i said you generally either like what they do or you don't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just saying how it is for me.
The openings are engaging and as soon as the world opens up and you can explore it all becomes a bit same same for me

Like i said you generally either like what they do or you don't

I guess what I'm saying is Starfield is the exception to your rule - it has definitely been less well received by fans of other BGS games.

Took me ages to get into starfield I tried a few times to get in to it only to start and give up after a couple of hrs. Then had week off with covid and haven't put it down since up to like 400hrs and just 100% achievements. Once i got into it its my game of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back