MRP / Trib. WTF MRP!

Remove this Banner Ad

Players have been exaggerating high contact for as long as I can remember watching footy, I don't get the outrage...
It's not 'staging' or 'acting' it's just making sure the umpire sees and pays an indiscretion which is dangerous.

It's nowhere near as bad as players like Ballantyne (and Tomas Bugg from GWS at the weekend) who s**t stir players into shoving them, and then collapse like a sack of s**t to draw frees.

Now that is acting because the whole procedure is clearly premeditated.

Am getting a little annoyed at things going Freo's way the last few weeks.

The easy draw, the fortune of Pav and De Boer, Adelaide knocking Essendon off thanks to farking Tayte Pears (and to think some want him here).

Will sacrifice a goat tonight! :p

Yikes!!!! Easy draw? I suppose our last five games have been quite easy. :rolleyes: Look to the kangaroos. They play GC and GWS twice. Not sure about you guys but that is a 2 games headstart on us and now we battle them for a finals nirth

Yikes!!!! Easy draw? I suppose our last five games have been quite easy. :rolleyes: Look to the kangaroos. They play GC and GWS twice. Not sure about you guys but that is a 2 games headstart on us and now we battle them for a finals nirth

Ease up, mate. I'm still massively offended from the weekend!

I only complain about your draw and not theirs because I'd be happy to play them in September, but not you haha. ;)

Players have been exaggerating high contact for as long as I can remember watching footy, I don't get the outrage...
It's not 'staging' or 'acting' it's just making sure the umpire sees and pays an indiscretion which is dangerous.

It's nowhere near as bad as players like Ballantyne (and Tomas Bugg from GWS at the weekend) who s**t stir players into shoving them, and then collapse like a sack of s**t to draw frees.

Acting is acting.

Simulation of any kind should not be tolerated.

How the **** is it trolling?

Watch the replay.

Remember you aren't on your home turf in here Pav, so you might want to tread more carefully

Doubly so as you have unpaid bets which you are yet to pay up on ;)

This is not my beef but Exaggerating a real contact is no where near as bad as pretending to be hit in the head when no contact has been made. Darling has been pulled up on this numerous times this year and for a young player this is a very bad sign and whether he likes it or not is going to stay with him for many years.

This is not my beef but Exaggerating a real contact is no where near as bad as pretending to be hit in the head when no contact has been made. Darling has been pulled up on this numerous times this year and for a young player this is a very bad sign and whether he likes it or not is going to stay with him for many years.

Once against Carlton where the MRP looked at it and ruled that the tackle forced his own arm up into his face. Once on Saturday which the MRP has assessed as high contact. What other numerous occurrences have there been?

Hes been pulled up by everyman and his dog on here cause they love to stick the boot into our evil empire, and anyone from the west in general. Case in point, look at the thread I started about the Pav on the MB a little while back. Still isn't rated by those vics just because they cant bear to do so.

Tell me why is it worse if it's a young player?? What about for a not-so-young player like Ballantyne?
You cannot possibly compare the acting or staging nature of our blokes to him?? Seriously?

I agree that some of our players need to stop worrying about what the umpire's doing, but none of them are as overly dramatic as your mate Hayden, and none of Shuey, Scott Selwood or Darling are as experienced as him.

Tell me why is it worse if it's a young player?

That was not what I was saying at all. Read it again. But just for you what I was saying, easy to extrapolate I would have thought, is that as a young player it is not a habit you want to get into and this reputation will stay with him for years.

Darling has done this on a few more occasions but the one the other poster mentions was highlighted as it went to the MRP but I remember other commentators saying that he needs to be careful of such theatrics. Sorry but can not pin point the exact games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was not what I was saying at all. Read it again. But just for you what I was saying, easy to extrapolate I would have thought, is that as a young player it is not a habit you want to get into and this reputation will stay with him for years.

Darling has done this on a few more occasions but the one the other poster mentions was highlighted as it went to the MRP but I remember other commentators saying that he needs to be careful of such theatrics. Sorry but can not pin point the exact games.
Was the 'Commentator' Luke Darcy by any chance? Cause he was so brave to point it out. Infact he can go enjoy a Young Libba special on me as thanks. :rolleyes:

Tell me why is it worse if it's a young player?? What about for a not-so-young player like Ballantyne?
You cannot possibly compare the acting or staging nature of our blokes to him?? Seriously?

I agree that some of our players need to stop worrying about what the umpire's doing, but none of them are as overly dramatic as your mate Hayden, and none of Shuey, Scott Selwood or Darling are as experienced as him.

1. No need for me to do that, I will leave that up to opposition players and coaches.

2. Interesting that you mentioned those names. But you did forget Hams.

Was the 'Commentator' Luke Darcy by any chance? Cause he was so brave to point it out. Infact he can go enjoy a Young Libba special on me as thanks. :rolleyes:

Does Darcy have an issue with the Eagles? I think that is what you are eluding too I had never noticed. I have always liked him, the subconscious is a wonderful thing.

Does Darcy have an issue with the Eagles? I think that is what you are eluding too I had never noticed. I have always liked him, the subconscious is a wonderful thing.
Yeah has some massive grudge, beats me why but its there. One real obvious occasion was Gibbs kicking a goal against us in the last qtr of the final v carlton. Squealled like a school girl for one direction. *vommit*

1. No need for me to do that, I will leave that up to opposition players and coaches.

2. Interesting that you mentioned those names. But you did forget Hams.
I'm not going to deny they milk frees, I'm just denying its anywhere near worth the pitchforks and torches like opposition wowsers make it out to be.

Pav is ridiculously lucky. Was without a doubt intentional and medium impact, not reckless and low.

I think Brown is the one that is lucky. He might be waking up sometime tomorrow if he had got him.

Seriously though he hardly even touched him, he went down on the ground and I actually thought he was dead then the trainer put on some of that "Magic Spray" (which looked alot like water from a water bottle) and he got up and ran away.

I know you have all enjoyed my stay but I will do us all a favour and leave you alone now. Good luck against Gee....... Oh damn! Who am I kidding! Shame on you Smeg - a bulldogs supporter and all.

Cannot freaking believe that DeBoer and Pavlich only recived reprimands !! What is going on with the MRP? Shuey gets 2 weeks down from 3 for an elbow to the thigh and DeBoer gets squat for a kick to the almost nuts???? I've got my tin foil crazy hat on...this is a conspiracy! I like Pav as a player but I can't help but feel a bit dirty how they both got off and our players have been suspended for less!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back