WRFL Division 2 - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m thinking 3rd or 10th July. These muppets in charge of state/country are not helping us. Needs social rooms open and crowds to facilitate games mate.

Yeah it’s crazy how you can have Bunnings or KFC open but not local sports.

Any one train today?

I seen Newport post that they were training

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah i think games are on this weekend?

POSTED ON WEDNESDAY 9TH JUNE, 2021
WRFL STATEMENT – JUNE 9

Acting Premier James Merlino has made the following two announcements relevant to metro community sport today:

1. Community sport training (metro) may recommence from 11.59pm tomorrow, Thursday 10 June.
  2. Subject to Public Health advice next week, community sport competition (metro) will receive the green light to resume next weekend (Friday 18 June onwards).
These announcements have only just been made and as such there has not been any further information/detail provided by AFL Victoria, but as soon as we have more information we will share this with all clubs.

We welcome today’s developments and eagerly look forward to resuming competition next weekend (June 18-20).

I know I'm late but wow! What a fu***g weekend! North Footscray starting to put it in second gear. Park side dominate again, Newport absolutely smash Albion and Wyndham vale with a great win!

I'm starting to think this top 4 is starting to shape up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watched 1st half at a muddy and wet Langshaw. Newport jumped WV and kicked the first 3 goals. Looked good, moving the ball well and strong marking up forward.

WV found their run and space in the 2nd and got on top kicking 6 to 3. Led by a goal at HT when I left and expected WV to ease away but was a tight finish. Decent crowd there, impressed.

What a joke of a comp, 5 games lost now in total for Division 2 this season.

Surely the league would have this weekends games re scheduled to next week instead of having a bye that is not necessary?

What a joke of a comp, 5 games lost now in total for Division 2 this season.

Surely the league would have this weekends games re scheduled to next week instead of having a bye that is not necessary?

Could also play this week's games after the last round, since the GF is now a week earlier than normal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you think will make the grand final?

I would say it’s between Parkside, Wyndhamvale, North Footscray & Newport.

Parkside are the top team & have only lost one match, though from what I have seen are beatable with a loss to North Footscray, close scrappy win against the struggling Albion & come back wins against Newport after trailing by 23 points at one stage.

Wyndhamvale- another team that is always in the top 2 but is also beatable. They’ve had a few close wins but they have the ability to kick a big score as we’ve seen in their results.

North Footscray- started off really slow as they had a whole heap of injuries but with a healthy list now they are a Smokey for the flag and can do some real damage in the coming weeks.

Newport- yet to beat a top 2 team but they’ve come really close. Not giving up on them just yet as I have watched them a couple of times & they can beat anyone on there day. Really tough, contested team that can also do some damage in the next few weeks.

With 1 round to go looks like finals places are set

Parkside v North Footscray Qualifying final

Newport v Glenorden Elimination final

Wyndhamvale week off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back