no orange peeler

Cancelled
Jan 21, 2007
livin the dream
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Yankees tottenham hotspur ny giants
This thread is about nominating the worst clubrooms to be used by senior football clubs throughout the country. My first nominations are
Ainslie Oval Canberra spent millions on ground surface but players are forced to change in demountable changrooms that are in two parts and seperated by the canteen.
Barnarwartha visitors room were probably built as a shelter for Ned Kelly and have never been updated. You get an electric shock off the taps in the showers:thumbsdown:

In the EDFL without doubt is Westmeadows, would have to be 70 years old and constantly dirty, shared showers and just putrid. Umpires change in a tin shed.

Barnawartha's away rooms are a disgrace, Mitta's old rooms at Eskdale were in the same class as Barny's, Benalla's when they were in the O and M were pretty ordinary for the standard of competition. Osborne's aren't too flash (a shearing shed with a giant rug to separate the opposing teams) must spend all their money on players! Down the road at Lockhart the opposition share the same showers (interesting after spiteful games). Border-Walwa's home rooms double up for a social room with the players getting changed behind a rug while the opposition's rooms resemble a WWII gas chamber. Cudgewa's away rooms look very similar and Bullioh's are the next best thing to a sardine can:)

Here in the Yarra Valley it would have to be Warburton's away change rooms(haven't seen the home rooms) very old timber floor boards showers always cold, no pressure, the kind where if one person changes the taps slightly everyone else freezes. Amazingly though the league still plays finals and Interleague matches there. Yarra Junction 10-15 years ago had a building (wouldn't call it a clubroom) that was by far the worst in history. It suspiciously burnt down in a gas expolsion. Fortunately all photos, trophies and memorbillia had been removed a few days earlier for dusting?

Some very ordinary change rooms in the valley. Yarra Gelna are big,but sepatated from the home side with a tarp. Emeralds are tiny but have decent showers. Olinda FCFC are small, dark and there is (or was) no light in the showers. Seville The showers electricute you.

And Valley spy,warburtons home rooms arent much better, they are just bigger and have a pot belly fire in there to heat the room up

i would have to say sandy creek oval...no toilets you piss in the showers....and thats the finals ground....gas chamber shower's at bullioh are the go...it's so dark in the showers anything could crawl up your leg...even kiewa footy club it's still the 60's out there.....

Thanks slugga, I forgot about Olinda, years ago you used to have to go down a flight of stairs to get to the showers, I think there was 2 freezing cold ones. I once played there in snow really love a cold shower after that. Worst thing there is the roof, lucky to be 2 metres high, some blokes must duck tto get changed.

The old rooms at Kindra Park Coolemon use to be pretty ordinary you share the shower with the opp and the drains didn't work so you nearly had a bath at the same time.

Used to love going up to Olinda - snow, sleet and no hot water!!

Always great hospitality though and a great bunch of guys. I think things around there have improved greatly in recent times though.

The old away sheds at Toolleen (Mt. Pleasant) in the Heathcote DFL were diabolical, and during my time in the now defunct CGFL whilst I loved competing at Thronton their visitors changeroom was extremely tight and felt like the floor could give way at any time.

anyone who played EFL against The Basin would remember getting changed in their away rooms, which were about 3m x 3m. Blokes had to get changed in waves cos there was no room! That and the fact that it doubled as a boiler room. Last i heard they've been updated, i hope so for all who travel there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone who played EFL against The Basin would remember getting changed in their away rooms, which were about 3m x 3m. Blokes had to get changed in waves cos there was no room! That and the fact that it doubled as a boiler room. Last i heard they've been updated, i hope so for all who travel there!

Havent played at the basin since about u/16 years, but do remember the cubicle sized rooms. I think they have been updated but not sure how they go

whats wrong with the cudgy rooms you get to smell the cantten as you get changed....it may look like a hay shed but it's got bar's pm the windows....

Gladstone park, wrfl div2.... the visitors room they are the smallest ever, you cant even get half the team in thr at once, you honestly have to get changed as quick a poss, so you can get out and let someone else get in.. i think the coaches box mite be bigger then the room.

Great thread.
Shepp Swans get my vote in the Goulburn Valley League. While they're okay for space (much better than Euroa, Benalla or Tongala), the most important thing when it comes to footy changerooms is the ability to provide a hot shower and in 15 years playing in the GVFL not once did I have a hot, nay, make that warm, shower at Princess Park.

Great thread.
Shepp Swans get my vote in the Goulburn Valley League. While they're okay for space (much better than Euroa, Benalla or Tongala), the most important thing when it comes to footy changerooms is the ability to provide a hot shower and in 15 years playing in the GVFL not once did I have a hot, nay, make that warm, shower at Princess Park.

same question got brought up in the hdfl thread. mount pleasent(tooleen) in the heathcote league. the away rooms are disgraceful. for starters they arent rooms, it is an old tin shed away from the rest of the facilities which has one usable shower,which if your lucky youll get warm water. repeat, warm not hot. one urinal crammed right next to the shower.(very kinky indeed) and the floor is non existent. i think its concrete at the door and the rest is earth with old carpet over the top. shed measures around 4mx5m.... just terrible,shouldnt be allowed. especially since mounts is one of the best off clubs in the league money wise. they should build new club rooms instead of buying players(and premierships) each year. thats my two cents.:cool:

here is 3 of the worst in DVFL/NFL and possibly the whole of metro Melbourne.

1) Heidelberg - a club that spends Million bucks on its own players, and yet throws opposition sides into a horse stable come netball changeroom facility 350 metres away from the ground. :thumbsdown:

2) Greensborough - another long proud and successful club, with the smallest changes rooms going around. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

3) West Preston Lakeside - An absolute disgrace. Not sure if you would call their change rooms a public toilet or a bus stop. Somehow it facilitates both and yet opposition sides are expected to use them as well. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Most other rooms in the DVFL/NFL and at least respectable and practicle, but the 3 mentioned above (all Divy 1 sides) should be ashamed of themselves.

I never saw a hint of any hot water during any of my visits to Mt Evelyn before they left the EFL, and that was the ground where you needed it most, never a blade of grass in sight, just a muddy bog.

Masfield in the GV are ordinary if you are the visitors. You get changed in the swimming pool change rooms and the ground isn't that great either for one of country vics premier comps they are sub standard.

The visitors rooms at Bessibelle who played in the South West league. The oval overlooked the southern ocean and was always freezing cold. The rooms where miniscule and the hot water was heated by the stove fire that had to be lite at the start of the day. The home rooms where no better, the movable wall was removed straight after the game and the good times started very soon after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back