Remove this Banner Ad

roorat

Club Legend
May 10, 2006
Roo Country
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Most disapointing would be;
Thorn Birds(Barbara Stanwyck, Richard Chamberlain, Rachael Ward etc give me a break) We really deserve a remake with Aussie actors.
James Pattersons 'Kiss the Girls' and 'Along Came a Spider', Morgan Freeman was hopeless in them, I would cast Denzil Washington and include more of the family as per the book.

The Handmaids Tale - Terrible book, and made even worse by the movie
Constantine - Ruined a really good graphic novel

I second this post.

The adaption of I Am David also bugged me, they pretty much cut out the last half of the book (and the most emotional scenes) to give it a neat, Hollywood ending (though it wasn't a Hollywood production).

Almost everyone of Stephen Kings horror novels have been turned into crap movies/mini-series. Except 'The Stand'. The only one they figured out cutting half the book out to fit it into a neat 2 hour movie/3 hr mini-series format would screw it up.

Though that could go for almost any book longer then 300/400 pages. Invariably it gets butchered beyond the point fans of the book can take. It's why I tend to be of two minds whenever a book I've liked is made into a movie.

The Power of One.

Agree 100% ... the movie was absolutely terrible. Not only did they cut out half the book, but they added in that stupid love story that was never in the book at all! One of the biggest characters in the movie didn't even exist in the book!!

Almost everyone of Stephen Kings horror novels have been turned into crap movies/mini-series. Except 'The Stand'. The only one they figured out cutting half the book out to fit it into a neat 2 hour movie/3 hr mini-series format would screw it up.

Though that could go for almost any book longer then 300/400 pages. Invariably it gets butchered beyond the point fans of the book can take. It's why I tend to be of two minds whenever a book I've liked is made into a movie.

Carrie was okay but several of the others were butchered!

I was surprised with Tom Hank's performance in the in the De Vinci Code

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jumper.

For anyone who has seen the movie, i implore you to read the book aswel. It is completely different to the movie version and does not include a white haired sam jackson character (wtf?) nor shite chemistry between anakin and the chick from the OC. Just a great, entertaining read

Misery and The Shining (all be it very different) are two. Carrie was good, but the rest. /barf time.

P.S. Didn't mind IT, but if The Shining was different I don't have the words for IT.

Misery and The Shining (all be it very different) are two. Carrie was good, but the rest. /barf time.

P.S. Didn't mind IT, but if The Shining was different I don't have the words for IT.

The first The Shining with Jack Nicholson was a great movie, the second one was a waste of space totally deREDGUM it

It will be interesting what they do with The Tailisman when it comes out....

The Shawshank Redemption as a movie was passable. Still return to the book however.

Stand By Me (originally The Body) is another that got butchered in translation.

Jumper.

For anyone who has seen the movie, i implore you to read the book aswel. It is completely different to the movie version and does not include a white haired sam jackson character (wtf?) nor shite chemistry between anakin and the chick from the OC. Just a great, entertaining read

Similar to I am Legend......Book nothing like the movie.

Battlefield Earth the book is actually a decent read as a sci fi novel. Probably the only Hubbard book I'd ever recommend. The Movie made by Scientologist money and John Travolta actually butchered the whole thing into the worst movie ever made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back