PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

I know retail numbers are plummeting, but TBC classic is still going really strong. We're late in the phase and a lot have dropped off waiting for TK and SSC to release in phase 2, but Org is still looking like this and we're still managing 3 Kara groups a week in our guild. Mind you we started our progression only about 2 months ago so were a bit behind but we're having no issues with numbers. It's a revolving door though, more than what I remember. We've got 15-20 really solid and regular players but we've reguarly got 10-15 spots of people constantly joining and leaving. This makes it hard because it means we have to over recruit to compensate but then in turn it gets some people offside when they think you're recruiting competition for their raid spot. Also means we had to move to loot council because people were joining, getting gear then leaving. So swapping to loot council also saw us lose a few members who felt hard done by. I'm just glad I'm the guild main tank because we've got about 5-6 tanks vying for 25 man spots who will probably get benched if they don't have an offspec. It sucks, but that's Classic I guess.

WoWScrnShot_082521_175319.jpg

For anyone re-experiencing BC Classic through me, I finally retired recently. It was definitely my favourite expansion content wise and it certainly scratched the itch. Would have liked to see the expansion out but it was hard to remain so committed (I was the main tank so had to be reliable) with guild dramas starting to bubble and general recruitment issues (healthy server, just too many guilds with players spread too thin).

Anyway, finished up 4/6 SSC and 1/4 TK. Had my full phase 1 BiS and 2 piece T5. Had a blast. Wrath Classic is inevitable but I don't think I have the same urge to relive it.

anyone doing Seasons of Mastery tomoz? tbc never really hit for me so im kinda keen for a re release of classic thinking of rolling a Warlock

Wrath Classic confirmed and new retail expansion "Dragonflight" announced.

Shadowlands was the first retail expansion I never even made it to level cap and I'm done with Classic.
In a similar boat. Just don’t enjoy it like I used to anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a similar boat. Just don’t enjoy it like I used to anymore.

I really tried. Even though I stopped raiding with the end of Cataclysm I still dabbled in every expansion since. Only Shadowlands I didn't even make it through the levelling. Classic was a breath of fresh air as it was everything I loved (and hated) about OG WoW. I always said I'd be back with bells on if there was a TBC classic and I did. I wish I could have raided the entire thing but the commitments were brutal and my guild were s**t, and as a prot warrior it was tough to find another guild. At least I made it to T5 content. Bummed that I didn't see BT and MH again but so be it. Wrath was awesome but I can't be bothered. I've always had an MMO of sorts in my life. First it was Ultima Online when I was in high school. Then it was WoW when I was in my 20s. Missed that sort of game for a while but these days it's Destiny which I prefer because it's more forgiving to adult time management. I've got nothing bad to say about WoW really except I think it's done. Only the die hards will remain.

WoW has been done for a decade, it needs to finish and die.

But jeez I feel grateful to experience it's rise and pinnacle from original and TBC starting in 2005, so many fond memories and good stories I talk about with mates I've met through WoW.
Despite the wasted years playing it lol

I only play it now to heal Mythics for my friends ive made online. Did try raiding this expansion and we got the first tier boss down in Heroic but fell apart during the second tier...

I think what everyone wants is that feeling we all got the first time we explored somewhere new and saw our characters grow naturally in strength, the excitement of discovery and the tease of what would come with leveling.

I only play it now to heal Mythics for my friends ive made online. Did try raiding this expansion and we got the first tier boss down in Heroic but fell apart during the second tier...

I think what everyone wants is that feeling we all got the first time we explored somewhere new and saw our characters grow naturally in strength, the excitement of discovery and the tease of what would come with leveling.
discovery is the big one and it’s not just wow. So many games these days are just going to the next marker on a map. It’s why I’ve loved elden ring so much. You’ve gotta explore and work things out

WoW has been done for a decade, it needs to finish and die.

But jeez I feel grateful to experience it's rise and pinnacle from original and TBC starting in 2005, so many fond memories and good stories I talk about with mates I've met through WoW.
Despite the wasted years playing it lol

i actually don't mind the retail version. you can actually play it without having to spend hours on it. Jump on do some dailies, do a M+ and log out and you aren't too far behind everyone else.

Used to play it back in the day hardcore where you literally had to grind all day and especially commit to raiding 4 hours a night 3 days a week, but time just doesn't allow that anymore once you have a full time job, family etc etc.

I know a lot of people don't like it but it kinda suits my lifestyle a lot more now. I always enjoyed the gameplay, scenery etc.

Sort of mixed opinions though on the talent trees returning...They are bringing back Interrupts/CC as talents and not baseline. So we'll have the same issue back in the old days of "LF Rogue for group MUST BE SPECCED INTO SAP"

there's not along wrong with that though.

certain content will demand certain builds - especially at the harder end.

there's not along wrong with that though.

certain content will demand certain builds - especially at the harder end.

For sure but it wont take long for someone to make a mod that scans people who apply for groups to make sure they are the "right talent specs" because min/max will still be 100% a thing with talent trees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back