Gym & Misc Workout Resources

Remove this Banner Ad

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi All,

I have a quick question and couldn't find the Q&A thread so apologies if this has been done.
I know there are tons of advice on DVDs, threads, youtube, google and even apps (like the Nike Training app, just downloaded Fitness Buddy) so are there any that you've tried and tested you like and can recommend me? Mostly looking for stuff that doesn't require too much equipment, can be done at home and is efficient. Goal is to tone up.
Thanks.

Bit too hard on the joints, I have a patella problem. Would swimming be as effective? Always find swimming long distances easier and less tiring than running, but I don't think they are as intense.

Bit too hard on the joints, I have a patella problem. Would swimming be as effective? Always find swimming long distances easier and less tiring than running, but I don't think they are as intense.

What does your patella problem prevent you from doing?
Are you able to do burpees? squats? lunges? skip rope etc?

What does your patella problem prevent you from doing?
Are you able to do burpees? squats? lunges? skip rope etc?

Yeah with taping on the knee I can do sets of squats etc. but running especially on concrete is a bit risky. I have a minor recurrent patella dislocation problem so I'm pretty limited by that. I really want to build my fitness moreso than toning up so with cardio am I just limited to swimming?

What are your goals?

Mostly improve my fitness, tone up a little, if I can lose a few kg that would be an added bonus but not much, maybe 5 ish kg but not a big deal if I don't lose any.

Yeah with taping on the knee I can do sets of squats etc. but running especially on concrete is a bit risky. I have a minor recurrent patella dislocation problem so I'm pretty limited by that. I really want to build my fitness moreso than toning up so with cardio am I just limited to swimming?.

No. I don't really like the term "cardio", but as most people seem to take it to mean anything not weights/strength related I'll treat it as such.

As far as resouces go you could check out rosstraining. Tons of stuff there.

For some workouts that don't require equipment you could try something like:

Minute Drills

30 secs burpees
30 secs star jumps
30 secs moutain climbers
30 secs push ups
30 secs splits jumps
30 secs bw squats

Rest 1 min. Repeat 5 times. Adjust rest and rounds as per fitness level.
You can mix up plenty of diffent exercises in this manner. Try to go for a balance of lower and upper body.

"Sweet 16" Tabata

burpees 4 mins
bw squats 4 mins
burpees 4 mins
push ups 4 mins

Again, adjust duration and exercises as needed.

If you have a skipping rope you can incorporate that into similar drills as above, or just straight skipping, while boring, can be a great cardio workout.
There's plenty more you can do. let me know if you want any more suggestions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back