Current Trial Wonnangatta - Murders of Russell Hill & Carol Clay *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

Disappearance of Barwon Prison Boss David Prideaux - High Country Mount Stirling
Hit and Run Death of Bryce Airs - High Country Jamieson

Israel Keyes

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
I didn't say there was no bleeding. I said most of the bleeding can be contained, so there may not be significant external loss. The only visible loss may be from the skin wound, which can be trivial, especially from a long thin knife. I'm simply pointing out your statement....

'If Hill was stabbed in the chest at Lynn’s campsite as per Lynn’s account there would be a large amount of blood. This blood would have pooled right where Lynn would have allegedly been stabbed.'

...ain't necessarily so. For a few other reasons, too.
I agree, I once saw an autopsy photo that was in a court case and it was a knife in the side and the wound was maybe one and a 1/4 inch long. I remember thinking wow, is that all it takes it's so small.

More from the Dmail:

"On Monday, the court heard Mr Matthews had set up camp at about 5pm on March 20 near a river crossing in the remote region, about 5km from Bucks Camp where Lynn allegedly murdered the elderly couple.

The video player is currently playing an ad. You can skip the ad in 5 sec with a mouse or keyboard
Tom Matthews told the court he had been tucked-up in his sleeping bag in a tent on the roof of his vehicle when he heard someone, who detectives believe was Lynn, pull up into his campsite about midnight.

'I heard a car coming down the track towing a trailer. They come past our camp and stopped at the river crossing,' he said.
'The river crossing was shut on the other side of the track there was a road closed sign due to the bushfires.'

Detectives claim Lynn killed the elderly campers before placing their bodies in his trailer and dumping them at another location within the bush.

However his initial attempts to leave the area were foiled by the blocked road, which Mr Matthews said forced Lynn to perform a tricky u-turn in pitch black conditions right next to where he was sleeping.

Mr Matthews said while he didn't stick his head out to observe the difficult manoeuvre, he could hear and see the brake lights of Lynn's car as he repeatedly attempted to reverse into his site with the trailer to go back the way he had come.

The court heard it took Lynn several attempts to make the three-point turn. "

Last edited:
Have police ever taken GL to the campsite to get him to show them where the bodies were when he picked them up and moved them?
If GL isn't disputing the version of events apart from the cause of deaths then why doesn't he even show where he put the knife and what happened to the cartridge shells etc.

Have police ever taken GL to the campsite to get him to show them where the bodies were when he picked them up and moved them?
If GL isn't disputing the version of events apart from the cause of deaths then why doesn't he even show where he put the knife and what happened to the cartridge shells etc.
If he's not telling the truth and he committed foul play he would be giving himself up. If he was telling the truth 100% then yeah he could offer to do that but a bit late now I would have thought. You need to remember I doubt he's telling the truth because the chances of killing Carol Clay as he claims are Thousands to one. There are so many weird claims in his story that it goes against logic. But that's irrelevant. The Police must prove via Science and beyond reasonable doubt.

I agree, I once saw an autopsy photo that was in a court case and it was a knife in the side and the wound was maybe one and a 1/4 inch long. I remember thinking wow, is that all it takes it's so small.
A stiletto accurately driven into the heart, as favoured by secret agents, will do the job with hardly any bleeding.

Based on the reporting today. If you’re joining the dots looks like GL tried to make it look like a robbery gone wrong. Not sure how the jury is keeping a straight face right now this bullshit story from GL gets more ridiculous every day. Prosecution doing a good job so far.

A stiletto accurately driven into the heart, as favoured by secret agents, will do the job with hardly any bleeding.

I think the knife fight is total bullshit but Lynn did have a number of different types of knives discovered at his house. Including throwing knives. Might have some proficiency using knives with his hunting background. Something I’m sure the prosecution wants to explore.

I think the knife fight is total bullshit but Lynn did have a number of different types of knives discovered at his house. Including throwing knives. Might have some proficiency using knives with his hunting background. Something I’m sure the prosecution wants to explore.
Yeah he had some monster knives at his house. There's been no mention of a knife as evidence so if he used one of his own its long gone. In fact I dont know if they got the gun that killed Carol? Hopefully as the case goes on we'll find out.

If Hill was stabbed in the chest at Lynn’s campsite as per Lynn’s account there would be a large amount of blood. This blood would have pooled right where Lynn would have allegedly been stabbed. If this is the case it would be clearly visible to anyone who searched the site days later. Since Lynn was adamant to cover his tracks then he would have burnt that area also to get rid of any evidence. It will be interesting to see the crime scene photos of Lynn’s campsite to see if he’s burnt any ground. If he hasn’t burnt anything, then he’s definitely shot and killed Hill at Hill’s campsite.
Site wasn't discovered till 25 march. Defence should access weather reports. A down pour in that area at intensity that time of year easily washes it away

More from the Dmail:

"On Monday, the court heard Mr Matthews had set up camp at about 5pm on March 20 near a river crossing in the remote region, about 5km from Bucks Camp where Lynn allegedly murdered the elderly couple.

The video player is currently playing an ad. You can skip the ad in 5 sec with a mouse or keyboard
Tom Matthews told the court he had been tucked-up in his sleeping bag in a tent on the roof of his vehicle when he heard someone, who detectives believe was Lynn, pull up into his campsite about midnight.

'I heard a car coming down the track towing a trailer. They come past our camp and stopped at the river crossing,' he said.
'The river crossing was shut on the other side of the track there was a road closed sign due to the bushfires.'

Detectives claim Lynn killed the elderly campers before placing their bodies in his trailer and dumping them at another location within the bush.

However his initial attempts to leave the area were foiled by the blocked road, which Mr Matthews said forced Lynn to perform a tricky u-turn in pitch black conditions right next to where he was sleeping.

Mr Matthews said while he didn't stick his head out to observe the difficult manoeuvre, he could hear and see the brake lights of Lynn's car as he repeatedly attempted to reverse into his site with the trailer to go back the way he had come.

The court heard it took Lynn several attempts to make the three-point turn. "
He didn't stick his head out saw nothing but a brake light reflection gives that much detailed evidence. Defence will have a field day on cross. Prosecution potentially dropping the ball here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Site wasn't discovered till 25 march. Defence should access weather reports. A down pour in that area at intensity that time of year easily washes it away
"Civil engineer Andrew Marquardt told the court he stumbled upon Mr Hill's burnt out campsite about 1pm the next day."DM

Which is the 21st of March.
The events in question were the 20th.

A bucket of water could probably have done the job and the camp wasn't attended to by police for days. It wouldn't be unusual to find evidence of camp fires all over Bucks Camp either imo, outside of fire danger days.

In the handling of Hill, which we know he did, Lynn probably got blood on his clothes and he's stepped in to the shower with his clothes on imom splashing water out of the cubicle on to the mat.

Lynn probably could go home in bloody clothes and claim it was deers blood but that might be a bit weird if he doesn't come home with dead deer.
Lynn’s habit of burning evidence would have meant he would have burnt the area where Hill was bleeding. Even the trail which he may left bleeding out if the stabbing actually occurred there. I don’t buy the whole he didn’t bleed after being stabbed by a hunting knife. He had blood all over on him from carrying the body then it would have been significant blood loss from Hill. I doubt he would have showered with clothes on. Knowing Lynn he would have bagged the bloody clothes up and tossed it in the bin putting on fresh set of clothes.

He didn't stick his head out saw nothing but a brake light reflection gives that much detailed evidence. Defence will have a field day on cross. Prosecution potentially dropping the ball here
Are we reading the same article? He told them what he heard and saw from inside, what part of it did you think was detailed?

Lynn’s habit of burning evidence would have meant he would have burnt the area where Hill was bleeding. Even the trail which he may left bleeding out if the stabbing actually occurred there. I don’t buy the whole he didn’t bleed after being stabbed by a hunting knife. He had blood all over on him from carrying the body then it would have been significant blood loss from Hill. I doubt he would have showered with clothes on. Knowing Lynn he would have bagged the bloody clothes up and tossed it in the bin putting on fresh set of clothes.
I doubt he would have risked travelling all the way from Dargo to Mansfield in clothes that were covered in blood - in broad daylight. I suspect he probably left his clothes when he first dumped the bodies.

I didn't say there was no bleeding. I said most of the bleeding can be contained, so there may not be significant external loss. The only visible loss may be from the skin wound, which can be trivial, especially from a long thin knife. I'm simply pointing out your statement....

'If Hill was stabbed in the chest at Lynn’s campsite as per Lynn’s account there would be a large amount of blood. This blood would have pooled right where Lynn would have allegedly been stabbed.'

...ain't necessarily so. For a few other reasons, too.
I doubt the blood was contained as it was picked up on the bathmat at the motel Lynn went to. Hill bled heavily enough to penetrate Lynn’s clothes and stick to his skin. After a wash at the motel it ended up on the bath mat. Only thing is Lynn didn’t burn any ground at his own campsite so Hill was not killed there. Hill was ambushed with Clay hence why their entire campsite was burned to rid the evidence of where the murders truly took place.

IMO

Seeing as you are keen on his bee-keeping, I'll throw you a line...Ayyone who kept bees surely wouldn't have been bothered by a drone ;)

Unless it triggered his PTSD from his bee sting hospital visit 🤣.

I love how seriously you take everything

Last edited:
That depends on where and how deeply the knife penetrated - directly to the heart and it's possible there wouldn't have been a lot of blood due to the way the heart contracts and effectively seals the wound. BUT that would require a very precisely placed (between ribs) knife of length enough (at least 10-15cm) to reach the ventricle. Otherwise, if the knife has hit a major vessel like the descending aorta, it's possible that the majority of the bleeding is internal. Then there is the question of whether the knife was removed or not...if it is left in the wound, it can stem the flow of any blood externally.

I doubt the blood was contained as it was picked up on the bathmat at the motel Lynn went to. Hill bled heavily enough to penetrate Lynn’s clothes and stick to his skin. After a wash at the motel it ended up on the bath mat. Only thing is Lynn didn’t burn any ground at his own campsite so Hill was not killed there. Hill was ambushed with Clay hence why their entire campsite was burned to rid the evidence of where the murders truly took place.

IMO

That’s the way it looks to me. It all happened around the Hilux and RH/CC’s site. The contradicting factor is Lynn said Hill approached him with a knife to attack him - presumably at GL’s site. If that’s true where’s the evidence? And why try and cover up the scene only at RH/CC’s site?

If my husband went away hunting and came back minus a set of clothing, I'd ask where they were and finding it unusual he simply lost a whole set, I'd remember it.

I'm sure the cops have probably asked him what he was wearing and where those clothes are but nothing faik has been mentioned in the press.

This leads me to thinking atm, that he probably took them home and he rinsed them out at the motel, hanging them up to dry and that's how some of Russell's DNA sploshed on to the bath mat.

Back