Current Trial Wonnangatta - Murders of Russell Hill & Carol Clay *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

Disappearance of Barwon Prison Boss David Prideaux - High Country Mount Stirling
Hit and Run Death of Bryce Airs - High Country Jamieson

Israel Keyes

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
I just realised there is a side bar in the DM article:

"When questioned by police, Greg Lynn told them he believed his 'life was screwed'.

'He recognises and tells this to police that he's caught up in a terrible situation, a disaster,' barrister Dermot Dann said.

'In the face of that disaster he made a series of terrible choices. You've got two people dead. He fears he's going to be wrongly blamed for their deaths, and we say he is being wrongly blamed for their deaths.

'His life as he knew it would be screwed ... and he tries to make this disaster somehow go away.

'He embarked in a series of actions that he recognised in that record of interview have only made his situation and this whole situation so much worse.'

Mr Dann said he did not dispute much of what police say happened after the incident, including dumping and burning of the bodies.

'He tells police in that interview there is no excuse ... He describes burning those bodies being physically sick,' he said. "

Totally self serving.
1/Pilots are trained to not panic and panickers are weeded out very quickly.
2/How long did he sit there wondering about this "terrible situation, a disaster".....not at all if the timeline is correct..there was little pondering here or thought of going to the police to report the accidents.
3/ Pilots are taught to be truthful and accept facts and double check them save an instrument is giving a false reading in the cockpit.
4/ "His realisation that his choices had only made the situation worse. A situation that he never reported once for over a year until caught.

Totally self serving.
1/Pilots are trained to not panic and panickers are weeded out very quickly.
2/How long did he sit there wondering about this "terrible situation, a disaster".....not at all if the timeline is correct..there was little pondering here or thought of going to the police to report the accidents.
3/ Pilots are taught to be truthful and accept facts and double check them save an instrument is giving a false reading in the cockpit.
4/ "His realisation that his choices had only made the situation worse. A situation that he never reported once for over a year until caught.

Think the pilot thing is a bit of a furphy tbh.

They're trained not to panic in an array of situations related to flying. Often by being put in those situations in a simulator first. That's not necessarily a transferable skill.

Same with the whole 'taught to be truthful' thing. It's not really at all relevant. Also really doesn't represent the shit a lot of pilots get up to.

Physical Evidence:
Do we have the gun with Hills DNA on it?
Do we have in the confession where the trailer, drone, phones were disposed of?
If he coughed to the bodies in helping the Police out, then why not cough to where all this evidence was disposed of.
Not actually very helpful at all Mr Dann.

So GL left his firearm unsecured (and potentially loaded) in his car and RH has gone and grabbed it ? Even though RH has told GL he has footage of him hunting from the drone which would already show GL with his gun.
And of course no else heard five shotgun blasts , two men arguing and loud music when GL was trying to piss them off ?

"The jury heard that as Lynn tried to wrestle the firearm away from Mr Hill, the gun discharged and Ms Clay was hit in the head.
Upon seeing what had happened, Mr Hill dropped the gun and rushed over to Ms Clay's body.
Mr Dann said Lynn picked up the gun and fired its remaining shots into the air before being set upon by an enraged Mr Hill. "
quoted from the DM article.

Dann not saying who pulled the trigger but implying it was Hill.
Why would Hill drop a gun that was moments ago being wrestled over....how can you drop the gun when one imagines lynn had his hands on it too as they struggled for it...but Hill drops it and Lynn picks it up.
Now frankly if I was enraged and had just seen someone be shot in the head whether accidently or not, I can't imagine that I would drop a gun and rushed over there (how far was that exactly?) and make my self a sitting duck with no gun or weapon to defend myself. Then amazingly I have the time to find a knife and then run back towards the man with the gun after it had been fired 'in the air'. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm still not sold on how Mrs Clay death went down either way.

Do I think a guy with no apparent criminal record would gun down an old lady to leave no witness. That's cold blooded.

Or did old mate grego walk over there and blow them both away in a fit of rage. A stretch.

A struggle with a gun doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

I see a double manslaughter conviction tbh.

Queen Elizabeth, God Rest Her Soul, would be suitably pleased with the pomp and ceremony of this place.

It was after all designed and built at the height of the reign of her great Aunt, Queen Victoria when the state was the richest place in the entire British Empire.

Just wanted to let you know that Queen Victoria was actually Queen Elizabeth II’s great-great-grandmother. The line of succession ran to Victoria’s son Edward VII > to his son George V > to his son Edward VIII, who then abdicated, with the crown then passing to the next eldest son, George VI > to his daughter Elizabeth II.

Thanks so much for your fantastic descriptions and being our eyes and ears in Court. It’s still one of my absolute favourite buildings, not just for its design and architecture, but more so for all it has witnessed within.

So GL left his firearm unsecured (and potentially loaded) in his car and RH has gone and grabbed it ? Even though RH has told GL he has footage of him hunting from the drone which would already show GL with his gun.
And of course no else heard five shotgun blasts , two men arguing and loud music when GL was trying to piss them off ?

The not hearing part isn't surprising. Campsites are kilometres apart.

I've run into hunters before in the HC. Once had them walk into our campsite with their scent dogs & guns drawn. Didn't say anything, they kept going looking for deer. But I did for a split second think it could be a stick up!

Timeline is interesting. RH was on radio around 6pm. We know GL was there already. Shootings occurred allegedly at 10, what happened inbetween?

Then why was he in there for how long was it? Three days?

Maybe we'll find out later.
In where? The police found the bodies a few days after arresting Lynn. Whereas before, they had no idea where they were, even though they had the car on CCTV. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In where? The police found the bodies a few days after arresting Lynn. Whereas before, they had no idea where they were, even though they had the car on CCTV. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

Mud map.

Anyway, we might find out. They were still looking in all the wrong places for at least two days before heading out to where the bodies were eventually found.

Some of us in here were wondering if the length of time they had him under questioning for was even legal. If of course, I accept 'he told them'.

Mud map.

Anyway, we might find out. They were still looking in all the wrong places for at least two days before heading out to where the bodies were eventually found.

Some of us in here were wondering if the length of time they had him under questioning for was even legal. If of course, I accept 'he told them'.
The law had changed prior, that police could hold a suspect for questioning for more than 24 hours if they had reason.
Lynn's lawyer is using the 'he told them in the interview' for the defense...'he was being helpful'.

Non gun people should be mindful that a shotgun is very different to a rifle. One has pallets and the other fires bullets. Not sure what you'd be using a shotgun for up that way - used by farmers for small fast moving pests, duck shooters and sport shooters.

Mud map.

Well, that’s the defence’s story. Why don’t you accept it?

It’s a vast area, the police would need information to find the bodies.

Not unlike the Samantha Murphy case, they haven’t found her because the suspect won’t cooperate, unlike Lynn.

Non gun people should be mindful that a shotgun is very different to a rifle. One has pallets and the other fires bullets. Not sure what you'd be using a shotgun for up that way - used by farmers for small fast moving pests, duck shooters and sport shooters.
Did they say it was a shotgun? Not very clean for deer hunting I wouldn’t have thought. Has a gun been located? If Lynn said he had a gun, where is it now?

I'm still not sold on how Mrs Clay death went down either way.

Do I think a guy with no apparent criminal record would gun down an old lady to leave no witness. That's cold blooded.

Or did old mate grego walk over there and blow them both away in a fit of rage. A stretch.

A struggle with a gun doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

I see a double manslaughter conviction tbh.
Your saying because Lynn (No apparent criminal history) but an inquest into the death of his 1st wife, some other suggestions of aggressive behavior etc could not commit a cold blooded crime? I'm not so sure of this. Mr Lynn could easily be a re-active temper killer for want of a better term. The argument re drone or deer hunting could have easily happened because Russell Hill believed it was his backyard having been a logger there for years. Lynn confront's Hill over Drone or Hill confronts Lynn over Drone footage etc would have pissed off Lynn big time. Lynn would not have gotten his way and could have easily lost his temper. Lynn's behavior afterwards in terms of burning the campsite to cover blood evidence, removal of bodies via sleeping bags, then burning them etc etc suggests he is capable of hideous things which include cold blooded. I would suggest his treatment of their bodies and their remains etc was cold blooded alone. He went to enormous lengths to hide his crime. The whole thing sounds cold blooded to me. It was suggested Hill was killed 1st in an argument quite believable but then the witness Miss Clay is shot in the head (Fact) afterwards I cannot accept. Cold Blooded he is in my opinion.!

Does the lawyer help with him with his **** and bull story? Or did Lynn just make it up and the lawyer accepts it..
it was Lynn’s only option really.. but burning bodies then returning to check on bodies doesn’t bode well for him for as a “I panicked” excuse, it was well thought out..
based on day 1 he is gone for life..
let’s see what day 2 brings

So much about todays' case outlines that just don't add up - some initial musings...
  • If this is all true, the surveillance recordings would surely have gone in his favour rather than against?
  • The timing's all off: if it all went down around 11pm, then that's some pretty quick work to have cleared the campsite of evidence, packed up camp, set the fire and been at the Myrtleford gate by midnight as reported - all in the dark to boot.
  • Who walks back to their camp (with their gun) after someone has just been accidentally shot in the head (with your gun) and probably lays dead or dying on the ground? What was his plan there?
  • Who gets out of the safety of their car (with the doors closed and no doubt carrying all the guns) to confront an old man wielding a knife, unarmed?
and so many more....

Physical Evidence:
Do we have the gun with Hills DNA on it?
Do we have in the confession where the trailer, drone, phones were disposed of?
If he coughed to the bodies in helping the Police out, then why not cough to where all this evidence was disposed of.
Not actually very helpful at all Mr Dann.
IIRC he told them he dumped Russell's keys and phone in the Rose River on his way to Mansfield (and the hotel)

Back