Wolfmother's debut album...

Remove this Banner Ad

This album is fantastic.

All 4 EP tracks are re-done.

Tales from the Forest of the Gnomes is absolute class. Colossal is a great opener.

Seeing them live in 1 1/2 weeks. Can't wait.

Saw them live on saturday, they were really great. Just bought the album on the wya home from work, the cover looks like something out of the bargain bin from a bad 70s metal band.

Great album, more than just power chords, great keyboard work and melody in there too. White Unicorn, Woman, Mind's Eye, Joker & The Thief, Where Eagles Have Been, Tales From The Forest of Gnomes, rerecorded Apple Tree, are the highlights ... hang on, I just listed most of the album :thumbsu:

I've listened to the album twice since I bought it on Monday, but my iTunes count for "Tales From a Forest of Gnomes" stands at 40. It is one of the best songs I've heard in years. I seriously have not be this enthralled by a song since Curve's "Recovery" in 1997, it's just totally rocks.

So far this is my Australian album of the year, it's an absolute pearler. Not a weak track on the whole album. The new recording of Dimension is a winner.

Well, after listening to it for a week, I can honestly say this is the best thing I've heard all year.

Tales... is a deadset cracker and how good is the flute solo in Witchcraft?? Brilliant.

Three things that surprised/dissapointed me:

1. Where's Love Train?
2. Apple Tree - out of the 4 re-recorded songs, it's the weakest one and it kinda sounds like they aren't taking it very seriously. Maybe that was the point...
3. Pyramid - The Live version goes for 10 minutes and the CD version goes for 3 1/2. Much prefer the live version.

They also played LATW on JJJ last night and was excellent. It is being replayed on Sunday at 5pm and will also be on ABC2 Digital sometime in November.

I thought the new Mess Hall would be album of the year, but it looks like we have a new winner.

Bring on Nov 12 @ Forum!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pantsless said:
Well, after listening to it for a week, I can honestly say this is the best thing I've heard all year.

Tales... is a deadset cracker and how good is the flute solo in Witchcraft?? Brilliant.

Three things that surprised/dissapointed me:

1. Where's Love Train?
2. Apple Tree - out of the 4 re-recorded songs, it's the weakest one and it kinda sounds like they aren't taking it very seriously. Maybe that was the point...
3. Pyramid - The Live version goes for 10 minutes and the CD version goes for 3 1/2. Much prefer the live version.

They also played LATW on JJJ last night and was excellent. It is being replayed on Sunday at 5pm and will also be on ABC2 Digital sometime in November.

I thought the new Mess Hall would be album of the year, but it looks like we have a new winner.

Bring on Nov 12 @ Forum!

was nearly going to buy this album until i read about the flute solo

sound like a modern black sabbath, listened to the album twice and i think its pretty good.

probaly dont have the same musicianship as black sabbath but finally something positive to come from an aussie band.

Just bought this album the other day... It's brilliant.

Joker and the Theif is my favourite ATM. :thumbsu:

crownie said:
sound like a modern black sabbath, listened to the album twice and i think its pretty good.

probaly dont have the same musicianship as black sabbath but finally something positive to come from an aussie band.

Snap! They sound pretty good.

Quick question:

Do they still have that crappy "we wanna sound like we recorded our album in the 70's" production? (or do they now just sound like every other boring band?)

I liked the "crappy" production by the way, so I'm hoping it's a "yes." :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back