Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I guess, although it's really just a colour change from the 2 wings jumpers we already had.
A colour change can be a big change - it's not a different shade, it's a complete inverse. The peril clash was a pretty big deal - and it replaced the white tablecloth. That's a big change. Like Richmond's yellow clash would be considered a big change.

So everything on the team store website is on sale, well almost everything. Anything that has the current logo is on sale, the only things that aren't, have the old "heritage" logo on it. So to me, that all but confirms the current logo is gone. It also gives me that tiny glimmer of hope that we're going back to the original logo, and not the fan art one.

I get that we'll keep the "heritage" logo no matter what logo we use on the guernseys next year, but I'm allowed to dream dammit!!!

would first day back at preseason be a good indicator to whether we get a new logo/sponsor?

most clubs seem to have their s**t sorted out by then regarding the following seasons gear/sponsor change.

would first day back at preseason be a good indicator to whether we get a new logo/sponsor?

most clubs seem to have their s**t sorted out by then regarding the following seasons gear/sponsor change.
Not always, depending on supply logistics teams will often start pre season in the previous seasons gear, even if no wholesale changes take place. I would have thought if there is a significant rebrand they would want to have everything ready to go for day 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was told today the new footy year is early November, and that's when we'll start to see the 2018 gear. So unfortunately, no announcement yet, doesn't mean good news.
I know, but I can still hope...

I swear to god if we stay with Puma I'll be pissed as well though, I chose not to get a peril when they were slashed to $40 because the ISC rumours were so strong.

I'm guessing puma are still contracted until the end of the month, so they probably aren't leagally allowed to promote or advertise anything that's not puma.

Unfortunately, it seems like ISC and a new logo are the most likely outcomes.

Pretty sure its happening, from credible sources aka Not BigFooty

I'm bracing for the worst. The more I see the fan art logo, the more I sort of don't like it. If they're going to go for something similar to the original design, why not just use the bloody original one?? We know it works, it always sells really well whenever it's used on one off guernseys, plus all the heritage merch that's sold with it on. I just don't see the point in pretty much going to back to the original, but messing with it to make it look worse than it did in the first place??

I'm bracing for the worst. The more I see the fan art logo, the more I sort of don't like it. If they're going to go for something similar to the original design, why not just use the bloody original one?? We know it works, it always sells really well whenever it's used on one off guernseys, plus all the heritage merch that's sold with it on. I just don't see the point in pretty much going to back to the original, but messing with it to make it look worse than it did in the first place??
I don't know about going back to the old one either as we can sell double the merchandise. I don't see how our club could have a different styleized logo. I see us always having an Eagle head as our logo.

Unfortunately, it seems like ISC and a new logo are the most likely outcomes.
The most unforunate outcome would be bringing back a white jumper, and non-wings design(s).

I'd prefer Puma, but can live with another manufacturer. A new logo could potentially be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back