Wimmera League 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

While people on the other side of the state are suggesting his has decided to link up with Dederang-Mt Beauty.
Not even sure how I come across that post but these are the things I have heard around this part of the state. Obviously others would be trying their best if they had a sight connection.

Local farmland this way though would make it more likely he’d be around this way with one of the teams in the area if he was keen on playing.

Well done to Minyip Murtoa on the 2022 flag. A very even season and they really seemed to click at the right time of year. As their president said, it was a great win for them to ‘bookend’ the covid interrupted seasons.

Not sure what I was thinking braving the conditions as a neutral, but glad I did as it was a great final, even though the wind did wreak havoc. Both teams cracked in hard all day, a great contest.

Ararat picking up a couple of big recruits in Williamson and Jack Ganley.

If they hold their list from last season think they’d be early favs.

Kieran Delahunty to Giants a huge pick up, the Burras loss offset by them landing Lachie Delahunty

Any other notable movements?

Season is just around the corner. Whats all the news around the league? Which teams hav recruited well? Giants seem to have done well from all reports?

Who are the teams to beat? Any clubs that’ll potentially struggle? How are clubs with reserves and 17s numbers this year?

My understanding is that Dimmy have picked up a few.
Ben Miller, Ryan Bell and Sam Godden returning plus Dylan Landt - the coach's younger brother and a couple of others.
Let's hope their maths have improved.

Season is just around the corner. Whats all the news around the league? Which teams hav recruited well? Giants seem to have done well from all reports?

Who are the teams to beat? Any clubs that’ll potentially struggle? How are clubs with reserves and 17s numbers this year?
Think all teams other than giants will
Have 17s. Giants to win seniors with all their recruits with Ararat dimmy minyip right behind them. Hopefully most games are pretty competitive with not too many smashings.

Think all teams other than giants will
Have 17s. Giants to win seniors with all their recruits with Ararat dimmy minyip right behind them. Hopefully most games are pretty competitive with not too many smashings.
Who have the giants picked up?

Ararat and MM will be as strong as 2022 you’d think. Could be a pretty even top 4-5

Have heard lately off someone pretty heavily involved with the footy club. That the former Hawthorn Skipper is about 80% of playing in season 2023 which has changed drastically from 8 - 10 weeks ago. If he played prominently forward he would kick 7-8 on average a game

So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Stawell lost their first 4, not sure big boy will be that keen
Saints the surprising loss.

The other 3 are the top 3 sides so not overly surprising and not smashed by them (maybe the Rats game).

McEvoy was non committal to a lot of teams in the area. Wasn't overly keen to play at all. But the lure of family is probably more than any amount of money would be able to pay. I'd fully expect him to just retire to the farm now and not set foot on the field again.

The other 3 are the top 3 sides so not overly surprising and not smashed by them (maybe the Rats game).

McEvoy was non committal to a lot of teams in the area. Wasn't overly keen to play at all. But the lure of family is probably more than any amount of money would be able to pay. I'd fully expect him to just retire to the farm now and not set foot on the field again.
That is correct!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints might be better than expected, 4 wins and 1 loss, fair start

Even Comp in the WFL this year. Top 3 sides full of quality. Burras look to have slipped a bit and Saints playing some attacking footy. Worst Demons side in 20 years?

Giants, Rats, Dimmy

Saints, Burras

Nhill, Stawell, Warrack, Horsham

I think the best thing at this stage is all of those teams look capable of pushing each other too if someone isn't quite on the ball. Very positive for the league, and great for the players too if they can go into each match hoping to get four points.

Ararat’s to lose. Everyone else dropping of bar the saints who are the surprise packets.
looks like the giants are getting killed by injury and have no depth

Ararat’s to lose. Everyone else dropping of bar the saints who are the surprise packets.
looks like the giants are getting killed by injury and have no depth
Ararat wouldnt want a wet track as its bring them back a level or 2. Saints playing very good team footy giants would worry them with a full squad which appears unlikely, Dimmy if they can get past Stawell and there top end players perform could get to the granny.

Who is looking like the best chance to knock Ararat off this year? Saw Dimboola got within a goal earlier in the season

After watching the giants I reckon it will be a ripper game this week against Ararat
Should be a very good game. Cashed up Giants against the slick Ararat outfit. The Rats well and truly pulled the Saints pants down last weekend. Every single mistake was pounced on. Big ground, warm day at Dimmy should suit both teams style of play.

Ararat too strong in the twos i'd think. Some of the old Dees boys limped off before halftime last weekend. Wade & Hartigan played their last games??

I'm thinking an Ararat double, and they've been the standout team in both grades all year so I'd be happy if that is the case. But I think we'll have close matches both grades, so it should prove interesting.

Nalder announced Saturday night after the win he wouldn’t be returning to coach. Wasn’t real impressed at the start of the year either being asked to take a pay cut to help bring some extra players in. Also wasn’t happy that he wasn’t coach of the year. To be fair that team of the year was a bit of a mess.

Rumour is he is off to a struggling near by club.

3-4 already gone from Ararat as well with travel, work and family being the main reasons. Arnott and Mendes are two of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back