Wimmera League 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I realise that but once a ground turns to mud it’s hard for it to recover even if it doesn’t rain for a bit. Central park is a great venue.
The word is the game scheduled for Coughlin park on Sunday will be moved to Minyip, anyone else heard that?

Ever been to Coughlin park on a wet day to watch footy? Might as well on a cow field. Oval is a disgrace. Why commission would even entertain prospect of playing there bewilders me. Saying that game is at Minyip.

As to Stawell if it is not played on between now and GF should come up ok. Traffic is only thing that ruins an oval not the rain. If it can settle and grass can take root should be a picture come a month.

Ever been to Coughlin park on a wet day to watch footy? Might as well on a cow field. Oval is a disgrace. Why commission would even entertain prospect of playing there bewilders me. Saying that game is at Minyip.

As to Stawell if it is not played on between now and GF should come up ok. Traffic is only thing that ruins an oval not the rain. If it can settle and grass can take root should be a picture come a month.

Agree, Coughlin is a disgrace and it is ludicrous that the commission even considered hosting a final there. Stawell will come up fine, had an extraordinary amount of rain lately and cant see that keeping up over the next few weeks.

Scott Beattie is going to coach Horsham United in the wimmera league for a bucket load of cash $20,000 and he gets a bonus of $1500 per player he brings with him, deal was done last week, with president of united and will be in the wimmera mail times on the monday after the GV grand final, have seen the picture of him shaking hands with the president, signed sealed and delivered!!!!!

Just saw this posted on the GV forum and thought it might interest some of you on this forum. Know nothing about it. However have a few mates who know him well or seen him play and have told me he is an absolute gun. Maybe someone on this thread may have heard more on this?
You might be getting confused with Echuca United, maybe?

The Mail Times web site states the Horsham Saints Officials approached the league to change venue. I'm not 100% sure how it works in finals but if the Horsham Saints are giving up their chance for fundraising through the Booth, Canteen, BBQ & raffle then that is big of that club to do the right thing for supporters and players. Or does the catering get shared around?

Now that Cousins has retired, big Scotty Turner will no doubt use his Richmond connections to get him out playing at the Rats next year!! HAHA!!
Maybe even him and Richo in a package deal, they'd love to play infront of 3 supporters!!!!

Anyone know the possible ins & outs for the first round of the finals? Will Phil Butsch play for Horsham Saints? I heard he done a knee. How about Nhill, possibly a full list to pick from? Warrack should be at full strengnth and the Rats, surely Al Batch will play in the elimination final.

Look out for some other defections from Kalkee to Brimackabeal. Warrack are also hot on the heals of some other current and former WFL players.

T. Ladlow, A. Jackson, S. Hobbs and few more also linked to warrack from the kees. All handy players but it is early and kalkee still have finals to play....Dunno whats going on here. I never new the district and wimmera league adopted the free agency scheme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be a weird feeling for Kalkee hierarchy knowing their best player is going and will be taking an unknown amount of players with him. The lead up to the grand final will also be a little uncomfortable as the horse trading starts early.

Will be interesting to see how the current Brimackbeal coach views this! Two coaches in successive years getting the chop before the year is out.

I dont think they will be taking any kalkee players with them. They wouldnt do that to Kalkee. Them moving though means its open slather for other clubs on Kalkee players. Will be interesting to see who stays loyal out there. The Kalkee hierachy would have seen this coming.

I heard that George didnt want the coaching role in 2011 and has been actively helping Warrack find a replacement coach.

It could be that with the rain and grain prices going up the power imbalance in teh WFL will change? Nhill Warrack and Dimboola all crop land and Nhill has a significant stock enterprise courtesy of Mr Driscoll. Minyip also crops some land but a pretty modest amount I'm told. If this harvest lives up to it's potential don't expect Mallee League to fall backwards anytime soon!
With that theory Fancy Nickers, Kalkee will have heaps of cash to throw around next year too. A big Wimmera League name has been linked to Kalkee for 2011 already!

I dont think they will be taking any kalkee players with them. They wouldnt do that to Kalkee. Them moving though means its open slather for other clubs on Kalkee players. Will be interesting to see who stays loyal out there. The Kalkee hierachy would have seen this coming.

I heard that George didnt want the coaching role in 2011 and has been actively helping Warrack find a replacement coach.

There is kalkee players out there that have been loyal for the past 7 years and there loyality has payed dividends with 2 senior premierships and you could almost put there name on the cups this year. So maybe its a great time to give another football club a go. No doubt kalkee will some money to throw around and being a successfull club players will be attracted to going out there. Will be an interesting off season to see where people end up. Will mibus and wade stay? is it true that unnited haave signed a new coach? maaybe they go back there? and who will kalkee be chasing? i would love to know the name of the big wimmera league name!

I'm taking the Nhill over the Saints in a nail bitter and Brimackabeal over the Rodents.
Thanks for getting this forum back on track FP, enough talk of district league players. The Mail Times too has lost its way of late, their preview to what could be one of the closest final series in years was hopeless. Why take Nhill over the Saints? they have beaten Nhill by 5 & 6 goals this year.

T. Ladlow, A. Jackson, S. Hobbs and few more also linked to warrack from the kees. All handy players but it is early and kalkee still have finals to play....Dunno whats going on here. I never new the district and wimmera league adopted the free agency scheme.
Jackson not good enough for Warrack seniors. Probably wouldn't get a clearance anyway!:p

I guess I take Nhill for sentimental reasons being a Mallee girl at heart. Also, I think Hargreaves is able to score outside fifty like no other player can in the WFL. Like the Rocca brothers or Malcolm Blight in his hay day it brings another dimension to a final when a player can kick a goal from sixty. The Ladham brothers are awesome forward machines and are able to score heavily when their side isn’t getting much of the ball.
The Saints have a long history of being over confident in finals and are weak in their defence. Nhill also have a weak defence but I don’t think the Saints have the fire power up forward to match them.

Saints are also pretty undisciplined at times, they argue with the umpires constantly, which is a culture that will take them years to turn around in the umpires eyes.

I predict a high scoring game where Nhill get over the line. What do you think?
I've seen the Saints a couple of times through the year, if they can kick some early goals & get going they should be too good for Nhill. They have had some come from behind wins this year which won't do in finals footy. Saints had a real tough game last week and could have soreness and heavy legs but I think they'll win. From what i've seen of Nhill They too have discipline problems, Hargreaves body language reminds me of Fevola when they are loosing and his language towards his teamates is very negative.

In the other game I'm tipping Warrack Eagles, the Rats are taking poor form into the finals and don't really deserve to be there in my opinion. The Eagles have more players with finals experience and have beaten Horsham this year.

Anyone see the 'stnias' vs Nhill match? What are the chances of the saints going out in striaght sets?

What a weekend of Football! As I predicted Nhill got up over the Saints and Warrack over the Rats today at Minyip. Nhill were just fantastic and Hargreaves was at his best for Nhill on Saturday. The big Fella appears to playing at his best so watch out over the next few finals games! The Saints are worry in finals, their reserves lost their game today for no other reason then they gave away silly free kicks in the second half of the game. Why do they always go the man instead of the ball??
Warrack were great against the Rats with the Schultz boys looking on. Al Bachelor played even though he still has a fracture in his foot.

The finals are alive and kickin! well done to nhill they are a club that deserves all success the way they have built there club up with recruitment and developing juniors. On the other hand are the SAINTS THE BIGGEST CHOKERS IN WFL HISTORY? Warrack are very unpredictable and could do anything on there day. The Demons would be happy to have the week off and freshened up. The crowds should be pouring in to see this finals series!!!

With that theory Fancy Nickers, Kalkee will have heaps of cash to throw around next year too. A big Wimmera League name has been linked to Kalkee for 2011 already!

Would the initials AB from a highly successful Wimmera club be close to the mark?

Now first week of finals is gone but anyway lets have a go at this!

PREMIERS- Demons [again]
RESERVES- Stawell {again}
U 17- Rats
U 14- Rats

Toohey - Lenny Clark M/M
Rookie- Jesse Murphy W/E
Biggest Flop- Saints [finals again]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back