Wimmera League 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints will be put a good fight i reckon but will fall a bit short. A few injury concerns still in both camps. Saints - Denson & Combe will miss, with clouds over Benny Ward & Pumphery. The Demons will be without Parish and Jez Hartigan. Anson, Durack, Arnel, Geue are iffy too, although with the Rebels having a bye this week Kelly, Ison etc will be avaliable.

The few players the Diggers have left look like they are making the most of their bye this week. Drove past a 6.40pm tonight and they had 11 blokes on the track. :eek:

Against the rats tomorrow, Burra boys will have
1. Daniel Launer
2. Nathan Tepper
3. Archie Hernon
4. Tim McKenzie
5. Nick Petering
6. Vincent White

all under the age of 18 playing, without midge and smith, could be a new form of young blood in the side

The Empire gave the Saints an almighty hiding today. With Arnel, Parish, Hartigan, Farr out.

Where does that leave the league? Lets all pack up and go home. :eek:

Against the rats tomorrow, Burra boys will have
1. Daniel Launer
2. Nathan Tepper
3. Archie Hernon
4. Tim McKenzie
5. Nick Petering
6. Vincent White

all under the age of 18 playing, without midge and smith, could be a new form of young blood in the side

Definately way to go dela demons had 9 players today 18 or under.. I Think Warrack should give harvey a call!:D

Don't take it too personally Beau. Maybe they're just a couple of disappointed Saints supporters having fun with you after your move to the Evil Empire. You will need to grow a thicker skin through this year though, imagining a bit of friendly banter from the sidelines.;)

Dave Berryball was being sarcastic there too mate.....

They would be more dissapointed now because beau played well took the cheap shots and Dees won by near 100pts!!! Beau 1 Saints 0......:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent result for the league with the Empire going down. Watched the Saints have a comfortable win over the Tigers. Saints were missing Couch, Combe, Denson, Butsch, Ward. Hargraves looked disinterested at times and was well beaten by Bird.

Beating by a better team. On there day this group of eagles will beat any team in the league. Jake Cheney was on fire beating David (PIES) Johns. Johns go a few cheap goals. Just the usual for the Pieman. One of the best backman in the league. :thumbsu:

horsham had some quality players out but the eagles also had out kyle and todd goerge and heath schultz,it was just good accountable football

Considering Horsham was on a 31 winning Streak a great Effort they last lost to Stawell Rd 13 2008 still got the footy records Horsham was due for a loss they couldn''t keep it up I can't get to any Eagles games I;d like to but umpiring weekends can't make it

horsham had some quality players out but the eagles also had out kyle and todd goerge and heath schultz,it was just good accountable football

I would not imagine Horsham dwelling on a loss too much but as you named the Eagles players missing a balanced commentary may be required.

Missing were full back, centre half back, centre, CHF (Arnel, Hartigan, Anson & Parish). Throw in Kelly, Ross & Pekin and there may have been several holes appear.

On a brighter note it may open spectator interest in the league now that Eagles have shown Demons can be beat.

Here is hoping for an exciting end to the year.

I would not imagine Horsham dwelling on a loss too much but as you named the Eagles players missing a balanced commentary may be required.

Missing were full back, centre half back, centre, CHF (Arnel, Hartigan, Anson & Parish). Throw in Kelly, Ross & Pekin and there may have been several holes appear.

On a brighter note it may open spectator interest in the league now that Eagles have shown Demons can be beat.

Here is hoping for an exciting end to the year.

Burke, Barnett added to that list this week Slenko? The Dees hoping to scrap past Dimmy this week and enjoy the week off next week i'd reckon. The poor old magoos are getting some floggings as the your depth is certainly being tested.

Burke, Barnett added to that list this week Slenko? The Dees hoping to scrap past Dimmy this week and enjoy the week off next week i'd reckon. The poor old magoos are getting some floggings as the your depth is certainly being tested.

You may find it is more the U/17's being drained via Jordie Duncan, Christopher, Blake etc. Not sure if Kemp, Taylor, Haase, Kirby etc are all still under 17 but if not you may be spot on with magoos.

Actually going to agree with you on the diggers dela, i reckon they will get over the line too. Eagles should beat nhill as will saints over the burras, is it realistic to tip dimmy against the dees? I almost want to. might be one to go and watch. Heard burke is out too, cut his arm at the pub sat night? Anyway heres hoping for an exciting round of wimmera league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back