MRP / Trib. Will Ziebell get more weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

basil00

All Australian
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
As we wait for the jury to come back....

Anyone think he will get off? Knocked out AJ, high contact with intent with priors.

Is Ziebel challenging? Can see the angle he'd take given that he leapt for the ball but even in a marking contest he'd be in trouble, didn't go for the ball in the end and that should count against him. .. Think he and Judd will be back about the same time. ..

Let's not get dark on Ziebell just for what is happening to Judd.

The circumstances aren't bound.

No one is suggesting they are? I thought Ziebell's looked very ugly at the time.

Let's not get dark on Ziebell just for what is happening to Judd.

The circumstances aren't bound.

Sorry Harks. .. Wasn't the point of the link in my post. .. Think by coincidence they'll get the same length, is all. ..

Probably shouldn't get 4 weeks, but certainly shouldn't get off without punishment.

Don't care about intent but he left the ground and collected Joseph with his elbow, resulting in AJ suffering concussion and being taken out of the game.

1-2 sounds about right to me. If the suspension gets thrown out completely I'll be furious.

Probably shouldn't get 4 weeks, but certainly shouldn't get off without punishment.

Don't care about intent but he left the ground and collected Joseph with his elbow, resulting in AJ suffering concussion and being taken out of the game.

1-2 sounds about right to me. If the suspension gets thrown out completely I'll be furious.

Because of the grading, he can't get it downgraded.

Either nothing or 4 weeks. Almost certain he'll get four.

Because of the grading, he can't get it downgraded.

Either nothing or 4 weeks. Almost certain he'll get four.

Suspected that may have been the case but wasn't sure.

Can't see him getting off so I agree it is likely he will be out for 4. Harsh penalty but that's the risk you take sometimes.

look how about 1 week for Judd and none for Jack and we call it even?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be thrown out anyway.

Yeah Joseph concussed himself and fractured his own cheekbone. Ziebell ought to watch Robinson to see how to play tough and within the laws of the game. Then again, he is just a poor man's Robbo so what can you expect?

Yeah Joseph concussed himself and fractured his own cheekbone. Ziebell ought to watch Robinson to see how to play tough and within the laws of the game. Then again, he is just a poor man's Robbo so what can you expect?
if a player is contesting the ball, and not the man and contact is incidental then the broken jaw means nothing..... harbrow/lewis ring a bell?

Ziebell should get off as he was playing the ball and the contact was incidental. You better get ready for it.
Players generally don't get off if they leave the ground. Ziebell could have knocked it away without getting off the ground. I guess you could call it misconduct.

Perhaps Carlton's doctor will take a leaf out of Norf's book and give them an unfavourable medical report. Unlike Adams, Joseph could't come back on the ground. And we all know that Norf's greats weren't happy with WC breaking the code.

phpa3NUP5AFLTribunalLive-150x150.jpg

Nick Bowen:
Reckon Jack's a chance to get off after the evidence. But Tribunal chairman's directions may also give a hint. He's starting now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back