Will this season get finished or will it be null and void?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

Probably worthy of its own thread now, i know theres bigger things to worry about but mind distractions from whats going on is healthy for your sanity. I certainly need it.

I just cant see how anymore games can to played this season so its looking likely the season is null and void. Sucks for Liverpool supporters.

Probably worthy of its own thread now, i know theres bigger things to worry about but mind distractions from whats going on is healthy for your sanity. I certainly need it.

I just cant see how anymore games can to played this season so its looking likely the season is null and void. Sucks for Liverpool supporters.

Probably not but they should at least be given....

1584598534121.png

To me the first decision they've got to make is whether the season can be finished or not. You make that decision based on the community, and public health, and the economy. If Liverpool winning the league (or not) has anything at all to do with that decision they've got their priorities all wrong.

So we should see how things pan out, if the season can be completed then there isn't an issue.

If (as I expect) the season can't be completed, make that decision and then worry about league positions/promotion/relegation.

At the moment it seems that pro Liverpool types in the media/former players etc think that the season must finish come hail or shine to maintain the integrity of the league. Anti Liverpool types in the media/former players etc think the season should end to maintain the integrity of the league. It's all self interest, and I find it all a bit weird.

FWIW, if I had to guess I think the season will be cut short and Liverpool will be handed the title.

What could be a scenario is to get clubs to agree on a freeze so the table placings remain as they are but not relegate anyone. Whether then you could promote West Brom and Leeds would be the issue. But then you are still going to get all the clubs below 4th or 5th fighting for CL football opposed to that, plus all the teams in the championship play off picture also against it. But if it’s on a 14 club majority vote there’s a chance it could get pushed through. Could be Liverpool’s best hope I reckon

Would be one of football's all time great travesties/miscarriages if they don't.

Anyhow both UEFA and the FA seem determined to play off the remaining games of all major European Leagues at some point, so even if it takes playing them much later in the year or even in 2021,

You would have to be bit of a Neil Warnock anagram to suggest Liverpool don't deserve to win the title.

Do UEFA have the authority to make such a statement? My understanding is it’s the FA that is the governing body. Perhaps I’m mistaken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My reading of the Ceferin comment is that he's saying that they haven't said that the season should be completed and Liverpool awarded the title.

That's been spun to suggest that he's said that Liverpool shouldn't be awarded the title. Unless I've missed something I think all he's said is that UEFA want the leagues to finish.

I think the notion of Liverpool not getting the league has made you crack, you've posted the same image/gif several times in the face of reasoned conversation, have called Corona a hoax, and have essentially said we should let Corona run its course rather than stuff the economy.

I think the notion of Liverpool not getting the league has made you crack, you've posted the same image/gif several times in the face of reasoned conversation, have called Corona a hoax, and have essentially said we should let Corona run its course rather than stuff the economy.
Definitely not. You will know I’ve cracked if the season can’t be completed and Liverpool aren’t declared the winners of the EPL. European football will be dead to me.

If the season is void then the only sensible way crown the Champion are league positions based alphabetically.

Any other way is just stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back