Will Max Rooke cross over..

Remove this Banner Ad

You only have to look at the NRL players and former players that have a bit of an aussie rules background ie. Cliff lyons, laurie daley, darren lockyer to know a lot of AFL players could become superstars in rugby league. Having said that, I dont think any NRL club is gonna risk signing any player thats never played the game before

You only have to look at the NRL players and former players that have a bit of an aussie rules background ie. Cliff lyons, laurie daley, darren lockyer to know a lot of AFL players could become superstars in rugby league. Having said that, I dont think any NRL club is gonna risk signing any player thats never played the game before

signing for peanuts they might

the promotion as well through media..like it did for GC17 and AFL was national..

Rooke going to a NRL wouldnt get anymore than $120k - but he would be value imo

No I dont think so. Would get monstored in defence and 27 or whatever he is is way too late to attempt a change to such a different game.

Wouldnt have the tactical nous or the ball playing skills either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ yeah I'd agree with that BB

One thing about making the switch from League to AR, as opposed to the other way around, is it's alot easier to tone down to a playing weight suitable for Aussie Rules, as opposed to going on a mega quick weights regime that would get you up to scratch to compete at the top level with blokes who have been training their entire lives.

Cannot see it happening at the top level.

just put on a few kilo's and play a Fui Fui Moi Moi role.

Catch the ball and run like buggery into the wall.

If the NRL did it though it would just be a publicity stunt, which is exactly what K.Hunt is.

Not as simple as that.

I remember looking at Brett Deledio V Billy Slater when their stats where posted on the website for that gay comp C9 had re: Height/Weight etc Slater weighs either virtually the same or slightly more than a bloke who is a full 10 cm taller than him.

& Billy is hardly the biggest bloke in the game. It's not a simple case of just stacking on the kilos.

id agree than Rooke would need to kg's but Dallas Johnson isnt the biggest lock ever and he makes 50 tackles a game..

he is similar..even taller so he could do a job

most other afl players for sure would be backs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back