Will Langford - Have I been living under a rock?

Remove this Banner Ad

He's spent a lot of time playing for Box Hill over the past couple of years instead of potentially being thrown out there before being ready. That's the good thing about being Hawthorn, plenty of depth.

He has been pretty good all season, his disposal tonight has been a lot better than normal though.

Correct he's, too use a far undervalued expression, as mad as at cut snake and bleeds brown and gold but his disposal is certainly not top notch. That said I ****ing love the lad.

Will make up for losing JPK if this kid turns out to be a champion. Has been a gun tagger in the earlier half of the year but the last two weeks he's been let off the chain.

Bit unclean at times but he doesn't take a backwards step and adds a new dynamic to our midfield we have been crying out for. Big body with loads of pace.

He's always been an attacking player with pace, he's now starting to improve his skills and decision making. He turned the match tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kid couldn't string 3 games together in his first couple of seasons at Box Hill because his ferocity at the ball was seeing him injure himself constantly.

Was manic again tonight.

Just having a look at this kids stats and I'm not sure I've been living under a rock but is this guy as good as what I've seen tonight?

I'll call it now... A star in the making!

Not yet, best game to date but still developing. I recon another year before Sydney take him with the " but he's from Sydney rule"

Look back at players who have cut us up when we more or less give up like we did tonight. No big deal. Didn't see him much in the first half when hawthorn had to earn their touches. He was taking uncontested marks in the forward 50... He basically wanted the ball more than anyone else did, so he got it.

Was literally a game of 2 halves. We simply had no one willing to match the intensity of the Hawks, just like they didn't last week when Freo turned the screws.

Hawks were facing 2 losses to 2 top 4 sides in consecutive weeks, and the chance to finish 4th. Geelong on 7 game winning streak, already cemented in top 3. The team who wanted it more won it, as most predicted.

10390042_1531328517098455_7051965533666476582_n.jpg

Look back at players who have cut us up when we more or less give up like we did tonight. No big deal. Didn't see him much in the first half when hawthorn had to earn their touches. He was taking uncontested marks in the forward 50... He basically wanted the ball more than anyone else did, so he got it.

Was literally a game of 2 halves. We simply had no one willing to match the intensity of the Hawks, just like they didn't last week when Freo turned the screws.

Hawks were facing 2 losses to 2 top 4 sides in consecutive weeks, and the chance to finish 4th. Geelong on 7 game winning streak, already cemented in top 3. The team who wanted it more won it, as most predicted.

Yeah, Geelong could have won if they wanted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back