Player Watch Will Hamill

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have thought less pay and it's basically early confirmation that he's finished at the level.
Pay won't change as he's under contract.

How many delisted rookies go on to have good careers?
Mitch Hinge is looking very promising.

Of the one’s we’ve dumped, Ed Curnow had a long if unspectacular career and Darryl Wakelin became a defensive star although he was a pre-season draftee who pre-dated the AFL Rookie list.

Mitch Hinge is looking very promising.

Of the one’s we’ve dumped, Ed Curnow had a long if unspectacular career and Darryl Wakelin became a defensive star although he was a pre-season draftee who pre-dated the AFL Rookie list.
Hinge was offered another contract at Brisbane.

I know Ed Curnow but for every one like that there's 10 that will spend the rest of their playing years in the magoos. The odds are not in Hamill's favour.

Mmmm .. his contract remains the same .. even if another club chooses to pick him up in the RD before we do
As a minimum.

Another club could always pay him more.

Common mate .. I was reading chronologically .. and felt compelled to reply to your brain fart

And lolled when I read their responses
It is likely to be less pay though. Aren't there pay bonuses for matches played and KPIs? His rookie status is a indicative that he's a fair way back in the pecking order.

Edit: Just checked and he didn't play a game in 2023 so I guess he's at bedrock already. My bad.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Ed curnow the one who quit us after a year? Or was that a different rookie?
Pretty sure it was Ed. Thought we gave him the chop rather than him quitting. Remember him saying some years later that he didn't knuckle down at Adelaide and did when on 2nd and most likely last chance.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Hamill ends up having a good year he can leave as unrestricted free agent

Another reason it should have been Rory. He’s an UFA anyway, so that’s true for him anyway. If we get injuries and Hamill has a breakout year, regardless how unlikely, he can just walk out.

Another reason it should have been Rory. He’s an UFA anyway, so that’s true for him anyway. If we get injuries and Hamill has a breakout year, regardless how unlikely, he can just walk out.
List management decisions that are objectively bad like this must be impacted by internal politics at the club. It just made no logical sense. I don't believe that was Reid's choice but if it was, he shouldn't be our list manager.

Always respected and loved the way this kid goes about it but seriously time for a different career before he does himself some serious damage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back