Player Watch Wil Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Very promising and played 3 quarters. Pretty sure he was on the bench for the whole 1st. But expected- easing him into it.

He’ll be even better to get that first game out of the way.
His composure with the ball, his ball use and footy IQ elite. Will even go for the hard ball when it’s on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh warms the old cockles of my heart.

Very promising and played 3 quarters. Pretty sure he was on the bench for the whole 1st. But expected- easing him into it.

That's what I thought, I was looking for him at the beginning. Commentator mentioned he was statless for the first quarter. Pretty hard to get a touch from the bench.

Probably didn't need easing in it turns out. Looked like he had been playing at the level for years.

Bizarre decision to play him for 3 quarters.

Only explanation is he'll start as sub for anzac day instead of on the ground.
Bizarre?
Maybe his fitness is not quite at the level yet.

The VFL is a glorified training run.

Loved what I saw. I too was looking for him in the first quarter and then discovered he was warming up for the start of the second quarter, about 10 metres from where I was sitting on the fence.🫣

Even Mr Park thought he was good and showed class. Got himself into the right places too. Not bad for someone who hasn’t played a competition game of footy in three or four years.

Loved what I saw. I too was looking for him in the first quarter and then discovered he was warming up for the start of the second quarter, about 10 metres from where I was sitting on the fence.🫣

Even Mr Park thought he was good and showed class. Got himself into the right places too. Not bad for someone who hasn’t played a competition game of footy in three or four years.

Just wait till his younger brother Peter gets a run.

Spider Man GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TJ is trying to take the game on, he made some mistakes but that’s exactly what we need him to do. Remember a kid called Maynard early on?.

he’s finding the footy, competing. Can’t ask for more in his 3rd game
Love watching him play. He's going to be so fun to watch as he develops & matures.

** and not sure why we're talking about TJ in the Parker thread, lol.

Last edited:
TJ is trying to take the game on, he made some mistakes but that’s exactly what we need him to do. Remember a kid called Maynard early on?.

he’s finding the footy, competing. Can’t ask for more in his 3rd game
You were correct initially. His first Q was strong and exactly what you want to see from a developing general defender. If he starts stringing that type of footy together over 4 Q’s he’ll very quickly find himself in senior contention.

Is he anything like Jayden Short?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back