Wi fi extender

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2008
Sin City
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
No One
I recently had NBN installed and the box/modem is in the front bedroom as it was going to cost a heap to move it to another location (it’s back to back with the outside box in the bedroom).

However the wifi at the other end of the house is pretty poor.
Can I please have some recommendations on some good Wi Fi Extenders to fix this problem?
Cheers

I recently had NBN installed and the box/modem is in the front bedroom as it was going to cost a heap to move it to another location (it’s back to back with the outside box in the bedroom).

However the wifi at the other end of the house is pretty poor.
Can I please have some recommendations on some good Wi Fi Extenders to fix this problem?
Cheers
I bought the "Eero 6+ Mesh Dual Band Wi-Fi 6 Router"

Couldn't speak highly enough of it.

When shopping for range extenders the common sentiment is "I'm happy with the extended range but it's still not as good as if the modem was in the same room", so I was expecting it would be an improvement on my internet dropping out every 5 minutes, but not perfect, but it has been absolutely seamless.

Never had a problem with it since buying it 6 months ago.

I think you can buy as many as you want and they all link into the network seamlessly.

Easy to set up too.

Might be a bit too pricey for you, but if you want something that (in my experience) doesn't reduce internet quality at all, then this is probably as good of a product that you will find all things considered.

[Edit: I should mention that my set-up involves an ethernet cord running from the front of the house to the back where I am, but I just tuck it in under the hallway rug. I'm not sure if these things work without a connection from modem to Eero via ethernet cord.]

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back