Why so many players leave imps and hamilton to go to Glenthompson!

Remove this Banner Ad

BETON5

All Australian
Dec 19, 2006
Demonland
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm
Is it because of the money or are they players that cant hack in the western border and go to the mininera and gets some coin.what are some player profiles like for the players who are leaving the western border to go and play for the GLENTHOMPSON GOATS! It happens every year thats why i ask.

I would leave too, knowing I was going to get thumped by Heywood.
Not much fun when you know before the season starts that you dont have a chance of winning.

Is it because of the money or are they players that cant hack in the western border and go to the mininera and gets some coin.what are some player profiles like for the players who are leaving the western border to go and play for the GLENTHOMPSON GOATS! It happens every year thats why i ask.

Youngsters - gather round and take a seat.

Over many years there has always been a large transfer of players going to the Hamilton clubs from the South West & Mininera and vica versa. This is not new. I have limited knowledge of the standard or depth of the South West league however my knowledge of the Mininera is reasonable.

Whenever Penshurst, Dunkeld or Glenthompson (and to a lesser extent some time ago) Caramut were strong in the Mininera comp, usually the Hamilton sides were just going. Obviously when in reverse a Hamilton side was normally in the top two. Ararat had a similar relationship with Tatyoon & SMW Rovers & Willaura to a lesser extent.

Populations are declining in the bush, society is changing and there are just not the players that their used to be. There is far more money around know than there used to be. Some clubs are sitting on big bank balances with no players so they face the option of dying or buying in sides.

We all know it doesn't work long term but can you blame them.

The tyranny of travel has always been an issue for the Hamilton sides in the WBFL.

As an outsider looking in, Hamilton does an incredible job to feed so many sides, but eventualy it will only be able to support one major league side.

As a rule when one of these sides go on a recruiting mission they get groups of mates to play together, that's why you have large shifts in no.s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back