Who's Your Favourite Traveling Wilbury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Your love for his work on the Xanadu soundtrack is clouding your judgement.

Yep.

I've also heard him talk very favourably about Jeff's contribution on the soundtrack to the cinematic tour-de-force that is Electric Dreams.

Has to be Lynne because, after all, we are only human.

Yep. Jeff Lynne (not just because of the hair) followed closely by George, with Roy not far behind. Can't stand Petty or Dylan. Probably because of their voices which just aren't up to it.

Like Filthy I'll have great displeasure in rating Georgie last. My order is:

Tom
Bob
Jeff
Roy
George

Yep.

I've also heard him talk very favourably about Jeff's contribution on the soundtrack to the cinematic tour-de-force that is Electric Dreams.

Has to be Lynne because, after all, we are only human.

Ummmm... are you not confusing synth maestros? Giorgio Moroder?

Or Gary Wright, the Dream Weaver. He once put out an album where every instrument sound was produced on a keyboard. No guitars, no drums, just keyboards imitating the sounds.

Boring!!!!

[fortunately there was no 'voice' track.]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite is the dead one.

(that might be aspirational)

Well that's sitting on the fence... both Roy Orbison and George Harrison are pushing up daisies. And I have suspicions that Dylan has been in cryogenic freeze for some time.

Errr....no. And for a man who plays the Electric Dreams soundtrack on a daily basis, this feigned ignorance just isn't cutting it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Dreams_(Soundtrack)

It wasn't all about Moroder and Oakey. Another one of your faves - Culture Club - chimed in with a couple of tracks, too.

But then, you knew that.

Errr....no. And for a man who plays the Electric Dreams soundtrack on a daily basis, this feigned ignorance just isn't cutting it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Dreams_(Soundtrack)

It wasn't all about Moroder and Oakey. Another one of your faves - Culture Club - chimed in with a couple of tracks, too.

But then, you knew that.

Kudos to you. And I am reminded that Oakey's old buddies from Heaven 17 also make an appearance. What a gathering.

Stop press... as a type, Foxtel is playing that other Moroder masterpiece - American Gigolo.

Meh.

Of greater interest, I propose that Filthy or Urmoe run a book on who will be the last living Wilbury.

Smackdown and last man standing.

Meh.

Of greater interest, I propose that Filthy or Urmoe run a book on who will be the last living Wilbury.

I'd back Petty in a cage fight situation.

Meh.

Im not allowed to gamble any more.......but if I were still a betting man Id have $1000 on Petty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back